Big contract.. workers comp needed - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-22-2015, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Big contract.. workers comp needed

We have been in business for 2 months. There is a large apartment complex (around 800 units) that is looking for a cleaning contractor.

We filled out the contract. They wanted General Liability so we got it. We signed a workers comp exemption form but they said they want that too. We have tried several places and one quotes us $5000/yr or $400/mo.

That is quite a big expense for us early on. We don't have any details about the contract so we don't know how much we will make.

How should we go about this? They are just waiting on us to get it. Any advise would be much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-23-2015, 12:04 AM

Workers comp. should be based on your payroll and classification on work performed. Did they ask for a yearly payroll figure that they came up with $5,000.00? That price should be for approx. $100,000 in yearly cleaning payroll.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #3 of Old 02-24-2015, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

I told them yearly payroll was about 35K. I don't know how he came up with that price. Can you refer me to any good private workers comp carriers? Do they also check how long you have been opened? That's my main problem being a new company. How can I contact you privately I would like to speak with you

DustBusterZ Cleaning Services, LLC.

Stillwater, Oklahoma
Residential & Commercial Cleaning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-24-2015, 04:43 PM

My workers comp. is through The Hartford. If you have an insurance broker they should be able to give you a couple of rates although there should be just one standard price in your state.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #5 of Old 02-24-2015, 07:39 PM

You will quickly find that any money spent on apartment cleans was a waste of money and a huge waste of your time. There is a reason no big companies or even small 1 man businesses take those accounts. If they were any good I'd take them all!
post #6 of Old 02-24-2015, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcar93 View Post
You will quickly find that any money spent on apartment cleans was a waste of money and a huge waste of your time. There is a reason no big companies or even small 1 man businesses take those accounts. If they were any good I'd take them all!
What specifically is bad about them? Do they not pay well? What if I did alot of the cleans on my own? This apartment complex has around 1000 apartments I was thinking the referrals too would be good but any info you can put out there I would appreciate it.

The company is Lyndsey Management group

DustBusterZ Cleaning Services, LLC.

Stillwater, Oklahoma
Residential & Commercial Cleaning
post #7 of Old 02-24-2015, 11:06 PM

The pay is usually the worst in the industry while the work is the worst in the industry. They want something done by Tuesday at 5pm yet the maintenance people won't be finished until 4:45pm. Your work will never be good enough... actually it will they just find things t complain about so they have a reason to not pay.

Why do this type of low level work when you can do EASY cleans for regular customers for 3x - 5x more pay? Speaking of pay, do you realize how long you have to wait to be paid for doing this hard job? I know of a few that I've been waiting on for 17 years to pay.... hasn't happened yet and probably never will. Nowadays doing only residential we get paid before any work is started.... we know exactly what we are up against because we've been to their house many times already. We know the kids, the dogs, grandma and probably a neighbor or 2. We can clean an entire house and never sweat or worry about maintenance having it ready for us to clean. Which by the way... if you drive all the way over expecting to clean and it isn't ready.... you gotta drive all the way back home and then back again once it is ready for your to clean. And then at 11pm you will finally get it finished.... MAYBE. Then again, you might not get started until 11pm.

Now that I answered your questions can you answer mine? If these were good jobs don't you think all us veterans would have them off the market? They are no secret.... you didn't stumble upon a gold mine.
post #8 of Old 02-25-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustBusterZ View Post
What specifically is bad about them? Do they not pay well? What if I did alot of the cleans on my own? This apartment complex has around 1000 apartments I was thinking the referrals too would be good but any info you can put out there I would appreciate it.

The company is Lyndsey Management group
Both the pay and the work. It's just not worth your time. Apartments are a hassle to deal with and they would always try to burn you to get you off their back. I've been there, done a couple and wouldn't even dare to think about going back there again. As per sprintcar: if that's such a compelling job, don't you think veterans would be racing down to get it?
post #9 of Old 03-27-2015, 03:22 AM

Right sir!! Workers comp. should be based on your payroll and classification on work performed.
The working hours for the company are 7 Am to midnight Monday to Friday. This one of the most efficient and clean companies people have used over the years. They work with great professionalism and have never let their clients or customers down or have never made them unhappy.

Cleaning is needed and the products used by these services are eco friendly and safe. Most people are allergic to the toxic cleaning products used by various cleaning companies.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode