Bought commercial equipment need help - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-15-2012, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
WWR

Bought commercial equipment need help

Hi there guys, I figure most of you know what is going on in the world of carpet cleaning equipment.

I bought out a set up from somebody and I need a few things explained.

I have a scrubber type machine that came with tons of pads, some are cotton too. The machine has 4 different heads with bristles. 2 of them are longer and softer and the other 2 are firm. What are they for?

Also where can I find diagrams or info on all this equipment. Not sure the brand since it was a well known cleaning company they don't seem to have models listed.

Thanks and any info on wher to get info on all this stuff would help.

I have a portable heat exraction unit and all other things.

Also how do I refill teh pressure sray canister, they are not pump up.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-15-2012, 06:19 PM
J4K

Can you post pictures of the brushes?
post #3 of Old 10-15-2012, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
WWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4K View Post
Can you post pictures of the brushes?
I will get pics tomorrow, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-15-2012, 09:39 PM
J4K

Sounds good, one could be a pad driver, a carpet brush, and maybe a hard surface brush but once I see the pictures I should be able to let you know.
post #5 of Old 10-16-2012, 12:28 AM

Better

If you need proper food or catering equipment to maintain the conduct of business that is used equipment and new machines to help your business to grow and to buy used equipment.
post #6 of Old 10-16-2012, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
WWR

Okay here is a link to pics of what I have.

I need to know what are the 2 plastic brushes and 2 wooden brushes. What is the difference between the long and short bristles.

What is the clear plastic filter container and what does it connect to?

What goes in the big machine for product A and B?

Why are there 2 power cord hook ups on the big unit?

Those seed looking things in my hand were in a hose and in the clear filter "lifegard" unit what are they for or are they debris?

How do I fill those big spray canisters with only the in and out couplers on them and are they all for different chemicals?

What is the difference between the two pads what are they used for and how do they go on the machine?

Any input on this would be helpful. I plan to start using this equipment once I am familiar with it.

Thanks and here is the link to pics:

http://s445.photobucket.com/albums/q...cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

Last edited by WWR; 10-16-2012 at 02:39 PM.
post #7 of Old 10-16-2012, 02:52 PM
J4K

Was this Chem dry equipment?
post #8 of Old 10-16-2012, 05:27 PM
J4K

Picture one looks like a carpet brush
2 is the top of a brush I assume
3 looks like a bonnet on a pad driver
4 may be a hard surface brush, depends on how stiff the bristles are
5 again looks like a carpet brush but same as above with stiffness 6 too
7 I am not sure, may be a pad driver, if it is short stiff bristles that is what it is
8 no idea
9 a carpet brush or pad driver, looks like carpet fibers in the brush?
10 and 11 are upholstery tools
12 not sure
13 wands, one may be a stair tool if it is short
14 tool boxes?
15 looks like your hoses and wires for your portable extractor
16 can't tell
17 not sure, maybe an in line filter or some sort
18 an 19 are c02 tanks I think, this is why I asked if this was a chem dry set up, I know they use these
20 is your extraction hose
21 can't tell
22, again can't really see, blurry
23 looks like the back of your portable
24 portable
25, large port with handle is to dump your dirty water, not sure who made this machine but i think the other opening is for your extraction hose to connect
26 are air movers for drying the carpet
27 carpet bonnet
28 same
29, magic beans????
32, ah yes I see this was a chem dry set up, who sold you this? They did not provide any info or training to you???
35 is an adjustable carpet brush, you can adjust out or in the center disk so your buffer does not bog down
Some portable extractors have 2 power cords, usually ones with heat

Hope this helps you!
post #9 of Old 10-16-2012, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
WWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4K View Post
Was this Chem dry equipment?
WOW! you are good,

Yes it is chem dry. The person died and the family sold it to me. Thank you very much for your knowledge. I m not sure how to refill the pre spray canisters since they have just pressure fittings like the hose for the big machine.

I figured out the machine is a kleenrite HCU. I hooked it all up and tomorrow will play with all the cleaning stuff. The machine all works as of right now.

I can't get any info on this stuff, but I called kleenrite and they were extremely helpful and I called chem dry, not much they can do for me on how to fill the tanks, also don't sell chems to anyone but franchise which is fine, I'll just use this for a long tim e to come. I have some paperwork un the dye kits and cleaning kit boxes for how to use them.

While I am at it, can you recommend any replacement cleaners to use with this equipment I am fine with using what works. How do I use those pads? Just put them under the brush or use the rush bare?

I bought all of this at a great price to expand my business.

Thanks, and sorry for the long post, just a lot of info here.
post #10 of Old 10-16-2012, 06:31 PM
J4K

For extraction I like to use a peroxide based green cleaner. Some have orange in them as well, I have found they work well. You could also use the brushes to encap the carpet which is great for commercial type carpet.
Link to a green cleaner http://www.cleancraft.com/Code_Green...egreen1gal.htm
This is the encap I use for commercial http://bonnetpro.com/
The bonnets you can use with a shampoo, I have never used it.
post #11 of Old 10-17-2012, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
WWR

Okay, one last thing please.

The extractor has two fill tanks A and B. I know they are meant to mix two different parts at the hose, but I am not sure what to put it in. I have a citrus and many others from the chem dry products, and not sure what would be the stuff for actual cleaning..

If I buy this new stuff or basic carpet cleaning chemicals do they have to be two part or can I just fill both A and B with a diluted solution?

Thank you.
post #12 of Old 10-17-2012, 11:10 AM
J4K

I am not sure, any extractor I have ever used has a fresh water (water with cleaner) tank, and a dirty water tank. So I can't help you there. Withour seeing the chemicals you have I can't tell you what to use, and I am not familiar with chem dry chemicals, sorry
post #13 of Old 02-26-2013, 01:34 AM

Commercial or public kind of equipment are involved in many factors of our lives. This equipment is essentially the same as other kinds of equipment but the commercial is called, because it is used for the maintenance of the public or in the public sector.
post #14 of Old 03-02-2013, 04:23 AM

There are many types of carpet cleaning commercial equipments which are being used by professionals for many years, such as vacuum cleaners and air movers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode