Cleaning red concrete? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-12-2015, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to jackdcuna Send a message via Skype™ to jackdcuna
Cleaning red concrete?

I just got a new account with Chilis bar and grill. The floor is red concrete, but where it hasnt been getting cleaned properly it was a trail of black where people have been walking over it. I want the floor to be fully red again. What chemical would work without messing up the floor? Thanks!

Freedom starts from within
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-23-2015, 02:31 AM

you can use, hydrochloric acid, also known as muriatic acid, can be used. If you are not familiar with these products, it is best to contact a professional who is used to working with them. Improper handling of these acids can create dangerous situations and cause more damage than the original cement stains.

Last edited by draintecmidland; 04-24-2015 at 02:38 AM.
post #3 of Old 06-13-2015, 03:19 PM

try a white scrub pad,and some degreaser first,use a spray bottle on a small area.let me know how it come out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-30-2015, 04:05 AM

Cleaning concrete periodically will extend its service life and enhance its beauty. It can be difficult to tell when concrete is in need of cleaning because the dirt and grime can build up so slowly. However, once the process is done, the results of freshly cleaned concrete are very noticeable.

There are multiple ways to clean concrete depending on the type of surface, such as exterior slabs, floors or countertops. Each requires a different procedure to avoid damaging the surfaces like...Chemicals Help Clean Specific Stains,Equipment Options For Cleaning Concrete,Red Stain,Maintaining Exterior Concrete,Choosing a Concrete Cleaner or Degreaser,Cleaning Floors Before Concrete Staining,Maintaining Concrete.

reinforced concrete slab
post #5 of Old 09-15-2015, 02:25 AM

If you will clean concrete daily then it will increase their beauty so there are number of methods to clean them like use chemicals and effective floor cleaners available in market.
post #6 of Old 09-16-2015, 02:41 AM

In my opinion, concrete floors are becoming an increasingly popular choice among homeowners because of their durability and stain-resistance. With proper maintenance, a decorative concrete floor can last a lifetime. Proper floor preparation is the first step in creating beautiful concrete floors that will extend its service life and enhance its beauty. There are multiple ways to clean concrete depending on the type of surface, such as exterior slabs, floors or counter tops. Each requires a different procedure to avoid damaging the surfaces. Sweep your floors thoroughly to remove all loose debris. Run your dust mop over the floor to pick up any dust and fine particles.
post #7 of Old 10-14-2015, 06:53 PM

I always use EMERGE for this.
post #8 of Old 12-22-2015, 08:19 AM

A Pressure cleaner that's designed for cleaning flooring.

Not a pressure cleaner that you would use at the exterior,but an interior pressure cleaner with the bonnet head.

Getting under the work tables and stoves is where the difficulty will be.

I've cleaned many commercial kitchens and it's some serious work.

Degreasers help,but you will need ALOT of degreaser.ALOT!

Muriatic acid is not advisable as it may kill you in an enclosed area and it will pit all of the stainless steel tables,work surfaces, cooler doors etc.Which could get you into a lawsuit.

There are some tile cleaners out there that are acidic,yes that can cause pitting,but if you work in small areas and rinse right away with soap and water...being careful to wash and dry off any splatter to the stainless.

The tile cleaners that I speak of can be purchased from tile contractor showroom stores.

http://selz.co/1Eq7peH
post #9 of Old 12-23-2015, 02:17 PM

I'm surprised no one's asked of the floor was waxed at any point. Or stained, or sealed. These are important factors to consider.

So how about it? Is it just bare concrete, or did they wax it?

Jon Lee of Fail-Safe Cleaning Solutions, Office, Commercial Cleaning and Janitorial Services in Amarillo, TX. Target: Perfection.
post #10 of Old 12-24-2015, 09:38 AM

I've never seen a waxed concrete floor...sealed yes.Then again I have never seen a concrete floor in a restaurant kitchen probably because they are not legal in the area where I live.
But those are very good points and would add yet another layer of getting this thing cleaned correctly.
failsafemachine can you tell this guy how to handle this situation?
post #11 of Old 12-24-2015, 07:07 PM

People commonly wax concrete floors with a smooth texture, especially if stained. If it's the rough, textured type of concrete, Lorster's right. People don't wax that. They shouldn't, anyway. I don't know what Jack means by "red concrete", that's why I'm trying to figure out what all's been done to it.

Sometimes it's as easy as getting some soap and a brush pad for a floor scrubbing machine, especially if there's a drain system. I really like Lorster's steam-cleaning suggestion, but if you don't have access to that kind of equipment, what I'm talking about will work too.

I've used muriatic acid before, and that really is a sure-fire method for getting concrete clean, but as it's already been said, it's dangerous and will definitely corrode any floor-level fixtures.

Jon Lee of Fail-Safe Cleaning Solutions, Office, Commercial Cleaning and Janitorial Services in Amarillo, TX. Target: Perfection.
post #12 of Old 03-09-2016, 07:03 AM

An acidic based cleaner is more powerful because it will bubble up the red clay that is deeply imbedded in the concrete. Rust removers contain oxalic acid, a bleach. You can purchase oxalic acid or cleaners containing oxalic acid. Whink is one product that comes to mind. Behr Concrete and Masonry Cleaner comes to mind as does Krud Cutter Red Clay Stain Remove. Wet concrete. Apply cleaner and give time to bleach red clay out of pores of concrete. Keep concrete wet with cleaner. Cleaner can be used in pressure washer. If purchasing a concrete cleaner, check label to see if it is supposed to be effective on red clay.

Once concrete is clean and dry, apply a couple coats of penetrating concrete sealer. To seal out soil and minimize staining. Keep concrete sealed.
post #13 of Old 03-14-2016, 03:31 AM

No, idea about it.
post #14 of Old 06-21-2016, 07:55 AM

Cleaning concrete periodically will extend its service life and enhance its beauty. It can be difficult to tell when concrete is in need of cleaning because the dirt and grime can build up so slowly. However, once the process is done, the results of freshly cleaned concrete are very noticeable.There are multiple ways to clean concrete depending on the type of surface, such as exterior slabs, floors or counter tops. Each requires a different procedure to avoid damaging the surfaces.

Vacate house cleaning Perth
post #15 of Old 07-18-2016, 04:55 AM

Great tips.. thank you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode