Commerial "specialty cleaning" bid - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-14-2016, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Commerial "specialty cleaning" bid

Hi All,
I have owned a cleaning company for about 2 years. Up until now I have only done post-construction clean up for new residential builders.

I now have the opportunity to submit a bid for commercial specialty cleaning 2x a year. They would like the ceiling light fixtures cleaned. This would require getting on a ladder and there are approx. 250. I have never submitted a bid like this. All the work before was hourly. Any idea what to charge? The lights are about 2 feet x 6-8 inches.

Also, they would like the indoor windows and the windows surrounding the office doors cleaned. I have never priced a window job before. Is there a price per pane based on size rule of thumb?

Also, are these accurate?
Post construction clean up - somewhat clean 0.25 per sq/ft
dirty 0.30-0.40 sq/ft?

Commercial office cleanings - $1.00/sq ft? 15,000 sq/ft.
5/nights a week which entails - empty trash, dust mop, vacuum as necessary, dusting, spot clean floors and glass, wipe down kitchenettes.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-14-2016, 03:21 PM

jewelsash. To clean High reach light fixtures there are some lambs wool dusters that can be "bent" to remove dust from the top of light fixtures and they can be connected to a High reach / extension pole. The question I would ask is " do they want the DUST removed from the light fixtures or do they want the fixtures CLEANED = dust removed and the fixture damp wiped to remove any/all dirt? "
According to ISSA 540 Cleaning Times Publication Damp wipe w/trigger sprayer & cloth using a ladder 150 sq ft of light fixture comes to 9.90 minutes.
Most window cleaners in my area charge by the window = $ 6.00 per window in&out as an example.
Brad BD Janitorial
post #3 of Old 03-14-2016, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks bdjanitoria! We actually have to remove the dome underneath and wipe out the dust from inside (and probably dead fly or bugs) so we would have to get on a ladder. $9.90 minutes??? Not sure what that means sorry. As I said new to the commercial side of things... So the size of window doesn't matter? So $3 per side? Is ISSA something I should subscribe to? Is it helpful? Thank you Brad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-15-2016, 12:51 PM

jewelsash. 9.90 is the Estimated Time it would take to clean 150 sq ft of light fixture surfaces so if a light fixture was 1 foot by 1 foot = 2 ft square of light fixture surface. So 2 square feet of fixture surface using the above Estimated Time 2ft/150ft = 75 fixtures = 9.90 minutes to clean. Sounds like the fixtures you will be cleaning might be more involved. If you get the Name or Type of the fixture, youtube.com the that fixture name/type to see if there is a video of someone taking the fixture a apart or cleaning it then look to see how long it takes them. Brad BD Janitorial.
post #5 of Old 03-18-2016, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

What if I wanted to figure out the square footage price based on 20,000 square feet.
How would I do that?
Thanks!
post #6 of Old 03-31-2016, 09:27 AM

Basically you X the sq ft by .20/.30 cents and get your cost, for example 20,000 x .25 cents = 5,000....hope that helps!!

Legion Of Broom Janitorial Services
post #7 of Old 04-15-2016, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Hi,
So we got another opportunity to give an estimate for a job. Basically it is a 10000sq ft office space that new tenants will be moving into. We have to carpet clean and Carpet 9000 sq ft and wax the tile 1000 sq ft. We also have to clean in and out of frig wipe down cabinets in kitchen and copy room, clean men and women's bathrooms 3 stalls each and do inside Windows and blinds. There are about 35 Windows 4ft x 4ft no pains.

We have never waxes or carpet cleaned but the gm thought this was a great opportunity to learn and grow so we're going to rent equipment.

How do I price this work? Is it by sq ft or is each item priced? Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks so much! Julia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode