Customer looking to outsource cleaning services. How do I handle this? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-15-2016, 02:01 AM Thread Starter

Smile Customer looking to outsource cleaning services. How do I handle this?

So I got a call the other day from a small medical facility that is looking to outsource it's cleaning services. I went to meet with the manager today and all looks good. Nice clean facility. She wants two part time workers. One in the morning and one in the evening to clean the facility, change sheets, do laundry etc. The customer will provide all the "tools of the trade" and solutions. We just have to provide the cleaning staff. I'm currently working on a bid for that customer and I have everything except for the price. What do I charge? 30 hours a week split between two employees. I want to pay the employees between $12-$13 an hour. ... and I need to make a profit. The employees payroll alone will be $360 a week. Do I double that and take another $360 for the company? I would have to pay insurance, taxes etc out of that. Would it be too much, or maybe too little? We are located in Central NJ. I'm trying not too quote too little but I also don't want to scare the customer away with our quote! :roll eyes: Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-15-2016, 07:59 PM

Interesting. I am also in central NJ and will be starting a medical facility requesting a day porter for between 15-20 hours of cleaning during the day and then a cleaning crew at night. I priced them at $20.50 per hour. Yes, you will be responsible for taxes and insurances so charge and extra 30% to be safe to cover your costs. I just met with another medical office today currently using 2 day porters, each working 8 hours per day whom the customer loves and wants to keep. They are employed by Sodexo and I was told that they make at least $19.00 per hour! I have no idea of what price to come in at.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #3 of Old 03-15-2016, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply. Wow! $19 an hour?! That is some nice pay for a day porter! I would assume this is quite uncommon in this industry. You double that and come in at $38 and the customer may just pass. On the other hand, you have to consider that the employees will want a raise down the road and that is going to cut into your profit unless you can renegotiate the price with the customer. I doubt they would be willing to pay more because the employees want a raise... No matter how much they like them. Everybody is trying to save a few bucks nowadays.

You mentioned that you priced the first medical facility at $20.50 an hour. If I may ask, how much do you plan to pay the employees working that account? I'm just curious. It seems like the going rate for janitorial staff in our area is between $10-$12 per hour for the most part. Going lower with pay may create an issue when trying to find quality employees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-16-2016, 01:14 AM

I am looking to be at $12.00 per hour for the $20.50 per hour job.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode