daycare cleaning need opinions - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-22-2011, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Post daycare cleaning need opinions

I started my cleaning business in 2008 but then the economy took a turn for the worst a lot of places were cutting back on cleaning, had a few jobs here and there but lately Iíve been getting more calls today I have a walk though for a day care center but all they want is sweeping moping and vacuuming 2x a week. Looks like itís about 14 rooms 4 carpeted and the rest is wood floor and halls linoleum I am totally at a loss as to what to charge for something like this. any suggestions?
(Also I am just horrible at the sales end of this, great cleaner, great personality, people person but totally at a loss for bidding. HELP PLEASE I have done more move in and move outs so i'm ok with bidding on those, and cleaning houses, Iíve also cleaned small business, but when it comes to bidding on something like this Iím totally at a loss. )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-22-2011, 04:17 PM

How much do you to make an hour?
How many square feet?
How long does it take you to mop 100 square feet?
Vacuum 100 square feet. (Why sweep? Tell them that the dust bunnies come back about 30% faster if you sweep.)
Do the math.

Selling is like playing chess. The rules are easy but you can spend a life getting better at it.

I've taken professional sales training twice and both time the instructor started by asking who would take this course again if they had the chance. In a flash, a bunch of hands would go up. Then he would ask those who had not had a class before to put their hands down. Two or three would drop. The rest had taken classes before and know how much money it made them.

If you can find a one or two day course it is well worth taking.
post #3 of Old 09-22-2011, 08:07 PM

Daycare Cleaning

I have cleaned more daycare centers then I care to remember. I have kept, lost and still clean many today. If your center has 14 rooms I will assume it is around 10,000 sq.ft. like many of the larger franchise daycare centers. Only difference is that those usually clean 5 nights per week unless they have just opened. At that size, I would usually like to be around $650.00 - $750.00 per month for 2 nights of cleaning per week. If they aren't using all of the classrooms then adjust down.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-09-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahra352 View Post
I have cleaned more daycare centers then I care to remember. I have kept, lost and still clean many today. If your center has 14 rooms I will assume it is around 10,000 sq.ft. like many of the larger franchise daycare centers. Only difference is that those usually clean 5 nights per week unless they have just opened. At that size, I would usually like to be around $650.00 - $750.00 per month for 2 nights of cleaning per week. If they aren't using all of the classrooms then adjust down.
Peter Weiss
www.totalservices.org
jahra....curious, how long did it take you to clean a 10,000 sq ft nursery? Just you or did you have assistance?

If you can't feed 100, feed just one.
post #5 of Old 10-09-2011, 11:59 AM

Daycare Cleaning

I have others doing the cleaning. 10,000 sq.ft. daycare needs to be cleaned in no more than 4 hours to be profitable.
Peter Weiss
www.totalservices.org
post #6 of Old 10-09-2011, 02:26 PM

do some thinking about it, and i suggest asking a little bit more when you go in to make the deal. then you can always come down, and they think they will be getting a deal
post #7 of Old 10-15-2011, 05:46 AM

Cleaners London

In th end its depend upon you. Now you have heard what others might charge. So just make up your mind and charge accordingly. I would go with current market rate. I assume that would be $12 an hour approx.

Offers commercial and professional Carpet Cleaners London and Commercial Carpet Cleaning.
post #8 of Old 10-16-2012, 11:45 AM

Starting a cleaning business is easy but you have to do lot of hard work to success your business. So first you have to promote your website and try to provide great work satisfaction to the clients.
post #9 of Old 10-20-2012, 01:57 AM

Aren’t your rates of cleaning fixed on per hour basis? You certainly would require the effective crew for this job as you have mentioned the work is huge in quantity and has to be done twice a week. Just fix your price and tell them your conditions then you will certainly be good to go.
post #10 of Old 11-10-2012, 11:49 AM

There are many cleaning companies in our area and most of them are charged number of dollars from their clients hourly basis. Before charging from the customers, you need to know about your competitors and their charges.

Get The Advantages of House Cleaning Service
post #11 of Old 11-28-2012, 09:12 AM

need advice

I presently clean q daycare in warren, n.j.. It's 11,000 square feet. There's 9 classrooms, each classroom has one or two bathrooms. There's two offices and a kitchen. We vaccum, sweep, mop, empty the garbage cans, wipe the furniture down, clean the bathrooms akl for $1200.00/month. Problem is were hired directly through the daycare and the owner wants us to supply garbage bags, the floor solutions, etc. They only provide a mop and bucket. What's the estimated pricing for cleaning a daycare this size?
post #12 of Old 11-29-2012, 12:15 AM

Daycare Centers

Just just sold 3 daycare centers in NJ today and my rates are the same or slightly higher then most of the franchise cleaning companies. One is 7,800 sq.ft. for $1,200.00 per month (currently paying $1,100.00 per month with Coverall) and two others are at $1,395.00 per month for 10,000 - 11,000 sq.ft. (currently much less with a franchise cleaner) I clean about 2 dozen daycare centers in the state and you're right, $1,200.00 per month for that size just isn't enough. I only supply chemicals but not garbage bags or any paper supplies. Daycare cleaning is tough to clean for lower profit margins then most other types of businesses that we clean for. If you can convince them that you will do a better job then most daycares are currently getting, you have a chance of getting another $100 - $200 per month.
Peter Weiss
www.totalservices.org
post #13 of Old 02-14-2015, 06:31 AM

Good morning How often do you clean these daycares?
post #14 of Old 02-15-2015, 12:10 AM

The larger daycare centers we clean 5 nights per week.
Peter Weiss
www.totalservices.org
post #15 of Old 02-16-2015, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewl View Post
In th end its depend upon you. Now you have heard what others might charge. So just make up your mind and charge accordingly. I would go with current market rate. I assume that would be $12 an hour approx.
$12 an hour for a daycare is not really that profitable. There is always much work to be done and they expect it to be clean as new since they are dealing with kids. It should be $15 above if you want the job to be profitable. I personally don't do daycare's if possible since they are like apartment jobs (messy,low profits and competition is almost scary).

-Paul

__________________________________________________ _______________
Home Cleaning Service ND
Enjoy massive daily discounts on cleaning and office wholesale supplies @
www.northlandwholesale.com
post #16 of Old 03-27-2015, 02:18 AM

The company is a home owned cleaning services that believes in a simple motto ďi'll make it clean and bright and do it rightĒ. This is a company that offers cleaning services 24 hours a day.
The services offered by the company are commercial, residential and monthly, weekly and biweekly cleaning services.
post #17 of Old 06-13-2015, 03:01 AM

Starting a clean-up business is straightforward but you need to do lot of efforts to success your small business. So first you have to promote your site and make an effort to provide fantastic work satisfaction on the clients.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode