First Bid - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-04-2011, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

First Bid

Help! I have to give a bid on Tuesday and on what form and where do I find one at? Should it be a contract? I will give the details once I know them and will be needing help on what price to charge. I live in mid Michigan.

Thanks so much in advance for any help.

Sunloverkim-Winter is sure getting old because of the lack of sunshine! Thank god it's almost over!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-05-2011, 02:42 PM

Commercial Cleaning Bid

Kim, you may want to get some commercial cleaning charts. When I first started my janitorial company, I got sales and marketing for janitorial services by clean pro industries. It has bidding charts based upon national averages. It adjusts the price per cleaning based upon how many times per week the building is cleaned and other factors. In case you need to do the bid before you can get charts, you should know that the average cost per square foot per month is 7 cents. So a 2,000 sq. ft. building will cost approximately $140 per month to clean. Keep in mind that this does not include additional periodic cleaning such as window cleaning, floor waxing, and carpet shampooing. Nor does it include purchasing paper products and/or soap. Hope this helps. If you get the square footage and times per week the building needs to be cleaned, let me know and I can give you a rough estimate of how much you should charge.

Cape Cod Window Cleaning

Last edited by april1979; 06-29-2012 at 07:26 PM.
post #3 of Old 03-07-2011, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Thank you so much April! I do a walk through on Tuesday and will let you know about the sq. ft. and frequency. You are a life saver!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-08-2011, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

April I have the info for you so you can help me figure out my bid please.
2610 sq ft. 2 offices, break room, small bathroom, locker room with 2 stalls and a shower all of the 2610 sq. ft. is tile. lots of mopping every day. They want this done 5 days a week. They are providing the toilet paper and paper towels and I furnish the cleaning supplies. So I would assume the price should include the supplies as well. Do you raise the bid because of projected taxes that I will have to pay. How long do you think it would take each day and how much of supplies I will need each week? Thank you so much for your help, you are a life saver.
Kim
post #5 of Old 03-09-2011, 12:22 PM

Re 2600 sq. fit 5 X wk Job

Okay, 2,600 sq. ft is pretty small, should only take you an hour and a half. According to my charts you should charge $26.96 per cleaning. This will give you a monthly total of: $539.20. (20 cleanings X $26.96 = $539.20)

Port Orchard Window Cleaning and Janitorial
post #6 of Old 03-09-2011, 12:41 PM

2600 Sq. Ft. Job

By, tile do you mean VCT (vinyl composite tile)? You need to learn how to clean this as effectively and efficiently as possible. I would recommend a backpack vacuum or a large dist mop. I prefer the backpack vacuum if there are a lot of obstacles in the way or if the space is divided into rooms. The backpack vacuum is really good at cleaning smooth surfaces, plus it can get into corners and go under chairs etc. If it is just one big space, a dust mop is the easiest to use. You will want to get a good dust mop with washable cloth heads. Getting some dust treatment spray will speed up the process. You spray the dust treatment onto your dust mop and all the dust and small particles will stick better.

For mopping you could use a regular mop and bucket or a flat mop. For large open areas I prefer the mop and bucket method. But for areas that are divided up and have obstacles, I prefer a flat mop. I use a rubbermaid flat mop. It swivels nicely and has a detachable head and telescoping handle for easy transport. I have found that the best way to use a flat mop is to use a bucket method. Fill one bucket with warm water and neutral ph floor cleaner dunk your microfiber head into the bucket. Wring it out my hand and put it on your mop. Using a spray bottle will not get the mop head wet enough, plus you will likely put too much cleaner on the head thereby dulling the floor. The bucket method will make sure you cleaner is diluted with enough water.

post #7 of Old 03-10-2011, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Thank you so much April for helping me out. I landed my first commercial bid! I will remember you always.

Sunloverkim
Amazing Results
post #8 of Old 03-12-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by april1979 View Post
Okay, 2,600 sq. ft is pretty small, should only take you an hour and a half. According to my charts you should charge $26.96 per cleaning. This will give you a monthly total of: $539.20. (20 cleanings X $26.96 = $539.20)

April1979,

Not being critical but using your formula she will be giving them 20 free cleans per year.

There are 4.33 weeks in a month, the formula should have been:

26.96 * 5 * 4.33 = 583.68
post #9 of Old 03-12-2011, 10:20 PM

Monthly Bid

Good point doughboy, that's true. If you multiplied 4 weeks per month by 12, you would get 48..... when, of course, there are 52 weeks per year. I usually bill every X number of cleanings, X being whatever the customer and I agree to. For a customer that I clean twice a week for, I give them an invoice every 4th cleaning which is every two weeks. Since this is a new account, I wanted to make sure that I didn't clean 8 times and then get scammed (you have to be careful, I have had clients stiff me before). Later on, I will probably move to billing every 8th cleaning.
You're correct, however, in realizing that you need to get paid for every cleaning!

Silverdale Window Cleaning
post #10 of Old 03-13-2011, 10:28 PM

Good advice april1979, I also prefer to give the quote as a per cleaning charge, that way there is no confusion if there is a sick day, or snow day...

another thing to keep in mind is if you want to put it on a contact or not. I have found that contracts just get in the way of developing a good professional relationship with your client.

Give them a nice printed quote, and just do a good job... this will go much further at getting you a stable client then trying to lock them into cleanings with a contract.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode