First commercial cleaning bid too high? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-23-2008, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

First commercial cleaning bid too high?

HI ya'll,

I've missed being on the forum for awhile- been kinda busy...

I put in a bid for my first 'commercial' construction cleanup job. Its for a final clean only and indoors.

The facility is a single story office building. Its about 8,000 sf
and has 37 windows and 5 glass doors.

I faxed a bid yesterday for $1702 This is at my .20 cents sf rate and $5 each for windows/glass doors (inside & out). Others specs of the job include:

The usual removal of debris/trash, walls, baseboards, vents & light fixtures, doors/frames/ hardware, etc.

Sanitizing - (when its safe on the material, I sanitize all 'highly touched' surfaces): bathrooms, of course (including stall walls/doors), kitchen plumbing fixtures, etc.. but also cabinetry, countertops, plug & light switch covers, doorknobs.

Vacuuming/ sweep & mop carpet/floors.

Sweeping the outdoor walkways (along the front & one whole side of this building)

They also want the carpets steam cleaned (5309 sf) = one day rental for shampooer (about $30 cost)

The builders have left the place pretty clean - mainly just removing labels and microdust for the most part. There is a file 'room' (about 16 x 12') with those tall rolling file dividers that will have to be dusted ( about 5 with appx. 100 + file slots per side), but
the whole place shouldn't take over a few days to clean and I'd make a
really nice profit.

Does this bid sound appropriate for this job or does commercial usually go for less than residential?

My cleaning business is 'green' cleaning only (from day one)and it is stated in the bid. The the building is just down the road from me. I'm hoping this may help me get the job ....

Thanks,

Chell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-23-2008, 11:57 PM

I dont know alot about doing estimates but if you get that job thats a nice profit! I dont think there are lot of people here in commercial cleaning.
post #3 of Old 02-24-2008, 03:30 PM

Did you get the job? If so then no. If not then you should have asked why not?

For every bid you get ask them why they picked you and for every one you lose ask how come.

That is the best home work you can do for your growth and it is free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-24-2008, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

I just faxed the proposal Friday afternoon - I don't expect to hear from them till at least Monday.
You have a good point about calling & asking 'why not' if I don't get the job, at least then I'd know if it was about the price or not.

It just seems to good to be true if I land a $1700 profit for a 3-day job,
not that I'd complain (totally the opposite, my friend !). But that's what the total came to at my usual rate, and commercial or residential- it all cleans the same the way I figured it.
Thanks for the reply.

Chell
post #5 of Old 02-24-2008, 10:48 PM

Commercial is usally far less than residential but who knows.. you may be underpriced on residential to begin with. I think $1700 is more like a one day gross for commercial work but I don't do interior stuff so I guess that is considered good for a three day job.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #6 of Old 08-26-2015, 03:59 AM

very well said. prices will depends how big the cleaning is

Dam Excavation
post #7 of Old 09-10-2015, 01:18 AM

In commercial cleaning the cost of work will depends upon the total space you need to clean.Some commercial cleaner will charge per square foot.
post #8 of Old 09-15-2015, 11:46 AM

Best of luck on the bid!
post #9 of Old 09-15-2015, 02:55 PM

Since that was in 2008, my guess is..... if they got the job it is long gone and the person that owned the company is probably long gone as well. Maybe not, but probably.
post #10 of Old 09-18-2015, 01:28 PM

Water Dilutable degreaser

Many companies have found it cost-effective to adopt new degreasers that have no air-vapor interface.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode