Floor Scuff Removal - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-12-2008, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Floor Scuff Removal

Can anyone give me any suggestions on the best way to remove scuff marks left by shoes and heels? I have seen many homemade products, but am looking for something more professional.

I found something called the Scuffer Buffer and think I am going to order a sample.

Has anyone used it before or have any thoughts?

here is a link: www.scufferbuffer.com

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-12-2008, 04:25 PM

You can make one of these just take a tennis ball and cut a small hole in it and place on an old broom or mop handle it works great.

Cindy
post #3 of Old 08-13-2008, 02:26 AM

if it is a wax floor it should come out when you wash and buff or burnish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-22-2009, 01:21 AM

I've used the tennis ball on a stick method... using shoes with cloth on the bottom usually works.

Not sure how you'd feel about just using your socks, but that works too!

AND! There's a mop head with a scrubber in the middle that works especially nice so you can get scuff marks up while mopping (I don't remember the brand name), but the best method I found was using your socks or a cloth bottomed type shoe.
post #5 of Old 12-10-2009, 06:18 AM

I have tried the Mr. clean eraser last night, but panicked because it seemed like it was dulling the finish on the floor where i was rubbing at the marks. :( on the plus side, it WAS removing the scuffs, but i'm not sure i want to keep using it on this flooring.

Regards,
post #6 of Old 12-20-2009, 06:27 PM

never thought to use a tennis ball, will give it a go as one place we clean gets back scuffs and using a broom can be hard work
post #7 of Old 01-11-2010, 05:16 PM

Lightbulb Try GreenTerpene d-Limonene

Takes scuff marks off tile, marble, granite.

Try GreenTerpene d-Limonene

GreenTerpene.com
post #8 of Old 03-23-2010, 01:17 PM

It takes a second and a half for a cleaner rub out a scuff if she's wearing decent shoes. I don't see the need for any handy device. Try wearing nonslip, non-scuffing work shoes or boots. A lot easier on the back than swinging another cleaning tool around.
post #9 of Old 03-23-2010, 05:35 PM

another great way to remove scuff marks is to use a cream cleaner and a good microfibre cloth. works every time for me on even the hardest of marks.
post #10 of Old 03-23-2010, 10:18 PM

While we're talking about floor marks, what about greasy asphalty gobs? The bulk of it comes up after letting degreaser set on it (not so good for waxed floors, but what else is there?), but still leaves a mean looking though lighter stain. Pretty sure the spots I deal with are asphalt or tar.
post #11 of Old 03-26-2010, 08:13 AM

hello to all .... the technique you decide to remove scuff marks will depend on how heavy they are and on how porous your floor is... baking soda is a superior all-purpose cleaner that is non-abrasive. it won't scratch your floor, no stuff how hard you scrub… to take out scuff marks on a waxed floor, spray the area with vinegar-based cleaner, and allow it to soak...
post #12 of Old 02-03-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mold removal tampa View Post
hello to all .... the technique you decide to remove scuff marks will depend on how heavy they are and on how porous your floor is... baking soda is a superior all-purpose cleaner that is non-abrasive. it won't scratch your floor, no stuff how hard you scrub… to take out scuff marks on a waxed floor, spray the area with vinegar-based cleaner, and allow it to soak...
I agree. We also use baking soda in cleaning different stains in our house. But it has a limitation and when that time comes you can use a commercial product.
post #13 of Old 02-07-2011, 08:42 AM

Use the new eraser of a pencil to erase the scuff marks. Rub gently with the eraser and the scuff marks should lift easily.This is just a direct tips , i hope it can help you mate.

Love mother nature? Eco Friendly Cleaning Now!
post #14 of Old 02-07-2011, 03:05 PM

I seen them using tennis balls on the ends of broom sticks and it worked
post #15 of Old 02-08-2011, 02:51 PM

Try just using just a plain paper towel. If that doesnt work add a little WD-40 with the towel or a clean rag.
Good luck

www.discountcleaningproducts.com
post #16 of Old 02-09-2011, 10:46 AM

I just press on the mop handle and I erase all of those marks every time.
post #17 of Old 02-15-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicnspan View Post
While we're talking about floor marks, what about greasy asphalty gobs? The bulk of it comes up after letting degreaser set on it (not so good for waxed floors, but what else is there?), but still leaves a mean looking though lighter stain. Pretty sure the spots I deal with are asphalt or tar.
oil flow works good in asphalt or tar
post #18 of Old 05-08-2012, 08:51 AM

Depending on the source of the scuff mark, spraying it with bleach may work. Using a spray bottle, spray the area with undiluted bleach, wait about 15 or 20 minutes, and scrub with a stiff-bristled brush
post #19 of Old 06-12-2012, 06:23 PM

Try the Fas-Stik, it is a scuff mark removal tool.

http://www.fastrakind.com/products/fas-stik/
post #20 of Old 02-23-2013, 02:32 AM

Scuffs can be removed gently with no abrasion, only you have to apply is a little lubricant so as to make the surface smooth around the scuff which will be wiped after the removal. The lubricant also helps in removing of the marks left after removing of scuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode