Getting Commercial Cleaning Clients - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-18-2009, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Getting Commercial Cleaning Clients

Hello there,

I would like to start my own cleanning business but would like to know the best ways to find commercial cleaning clients

Any suggestions would be grateful

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-21-2009, 08:36 PM

Depending on how fast you want to grow will determine which route you will take in gaining new clients. There are several ways of gaining new clients and here are a few.

Website Marketing (SEO)
One of the quickest ways is website marketing, setting up a PPC (Pay Per Click) campaign with a major search engine such as google, bing or yahoo for your website. Although, I haven't had much experience with Bing. I received great response from google and not so great from yahoo. Although, PPC it is a little pricey it has been very successful.

Cold Calling
This is door to door selling. Create a business card, flyer and/or brochure drive to a garden style office park (where each suite would be responsible to pay for there own janitorial service) and start passing out you business information. It helps if you have a coupon of some sort offering a discount on your services with an expiration date on the coupon.

Lead Generation
There are several telemarketing companies that will get you leads for your cleaning company. You will either pay them by the hour or by the lead. This could be a great way to get customers without having to hire telemarketers and deal with all the administrative hassles.

BuyerZone is another source to get leads for your company. It is an online company that charges $17+ per lead but they send the same lead to five other companies in your area. The difference between companies like buyerzone and telemarketing services is that with a telemarketing service you do not share the lead.

Word of Mouth
This is a great way to get clients. Everyone you know should know that you have started your cleaning business and you are looking for new clients. Send an email to your friends, family and acquaintances letting them all about your company. Put it in your churches bulletin. Do what ever you need to get the word out.

I hope this helps!
post #3 of Old 10-22-2009, 09:33 AM

Come to a www.nationalcleaningexpo.com event.

Texas is free and there will be some great networking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-26-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Musgraves View Post
Come to a www.nationalcleaningexpo.com event.

Texas is free and there will be some great networking.
You can learn a lot at these cleaning events, and make a lot of friends in the cleaning business too!
post #5 of Old 08-02-2010, 08:22 PM

At first, it will be a good long slog to get it up and running. I believe there are some really good suggestions in the comments above mine but please, above all else, patience and be persistent in getting it all up and running and like anyone here will tell you, the rewards are worth it.

Cheers
post #6 of Old 08-05-2010, 11:48 AM

Follow-up to your request

I see it's been a while since you made your initial request for help in getting Commercial clients. Has anything worked for you? I am still trying to learn the secret myself. Recently, I started using a guy to optimize my website and help my page ranking. It's too early to see the results.

Stephen Snider-ACE Janitorial
post #7 of Old 08-05-2010, 07:53 PM

You should never underestimate the power of having your site properly optimized but, watch out for anyone who says to you that they can get you on the front page of google in 24 hours or a few weeks. I speak from bitter experience where some guy told me that and he did it but then my site was just dropped by google and banned for unethical seo practices. You have to be careful who you pick to do that. It can take a couple of months before you see some real progress but Im sure the guy you have doing it for you has told you that.
post #8 of Old 08-05-2010, 09:21 PM

Page Rank

You're so right about it taking a while. We keeping checking and it appears I move up about one page rank a week. I'm coming up around page 7 at this time so I still have work to do in order to get to page one.

post #9 of Old 08-05-2010, 09:49 PM

hi
I also do seo work for some people. I have had a quick look at your site and quickly noticed that there are far too many keywords in your meta tag. You have 38 keywords in there when there should only be about 10-20 or so max or 500 characters (some seo'ers will tell you more is good but from my experience its not).Your text/html ratio is only 7.03%, a little too low and you only have about 49 backlinks to your site. With backlinks, that takes time to build so thats ok.

How long has your guy been at it if I may ask and what keywords is he targeting?

Cheers

PS if you try to go to my site with the link in my signature, theres a problem with the server so it might not connect. Its a real pain in the A that is
post #10 of Old 08-06-2010, 09:40 AM

Seo

Hey Jaycar:

In response to your question. We have been working on it for about 2-3 weeks. My page rankings have gone from non-existent to page 7. He has been able to get his site to page one but he said like you that it takes weeks to get there. We did research on the top searched key words and maintenance, commercial cleaning, building maintenance and so on came up the most. I wish I hadn't chosen janitorial in my name because janitorial is low on the number of times searched. Anyway, I'll ask him about the number of keywords in the mega tags section. He may have some info I can share with you. He lives in Seattle and seems to have a good handle on how Google works.

post #11 of Old 08-08-2010, 08:13 PM

no worries..as long as he knows what he is doing that's the main thing here. Something to remember too is that to actually stay on the top of the searches, that's what takes time. Good quality backlinks is the key there but especially ones from government and educational sites can give to a lot of what we call 'link juice'.

Cheers
Andrew
post #12 of Old 10-31-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit4971 View Post
Hello there,

I would like to start my own cleanning business but would like to know the best ways to find commercial cleaning clients

Any suggestions would be grateful

Thanks
leaflets,google,recomandatione, we started our buisnees 2 years ago we have 100 customores,but it`s not enought, its comming the winter,...quickly darkens,snow and if you clean the windows in that case you can inspect a lot of concel now we have our web page our leaflet dropper..so take it eazy

brentcleaners.co.uk
post #13 of Old 11-10-2010, 01:16 PM
post #14 of Old 11-12-2010, 12:58 AM

1. Website
2. Google Adwords
3. Google Place
4. Yellow pages (don't know if applies in US)
5. Cold calling
6. Word of mouth
post #15 of Old 11-20-2010, 01:03 PM

Hey guys, I new to the fourm. I have been in the business now for two years. I have steady growth so far.

One of the two ways I find and sale my clients is through cold calling. Although I may not meassure the building the first time I go on the initial call, I always find how who is in charge, do they have a service, and if they are happy. I then set an appointment with whoever is in charge the next week.

The second way, and best way is through refferal or letter of recomendation. I clean a Carrabbas Italion Grill. Its one of the nicest restraunts in town. My customer has wrote me a letter of recomendation. It has helped alot in getting in front of potential clients. If you are just starting out in the business, your first couple of clients are crucial to future growth. Set a goal to keep them as happy as you can and get that letter of recomendation.

Andy

Last edited by amerchant7; 11-20-2010 at 01:09 PM.
post #16 of Old 11-21-2010, 07:49 PM

Everything mighti said plus direct marketing, example: flier, introduction letter, newsletter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighti View Post
1. Website
2. Google Adwords
3. Google Place
4. Yellow pages (don't know if applies in US)
5. Cold calling
6. Word of mouth

RJ Cleaning Service Inc
Serving Central Massachusetts
www.rjcleaningservice.com
post #17 of Old 11-23-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Cleaning View Post
Everything mighti said plus direct marketing, example: flier, introduction letter, newsletter.
You can also try to send them motivators. But not the cheapest ones, so they don't end up in garbage. Let's say you send them a pen holder with your company logo, website and phone number. If at some point they will be looking to hire a cleaning service, they will take a look at the pen holder and give you a call.
post #18 of Old 12-05-2010, 05:24 PM

Another way to find office cleaning clients is to contact landlords and small business owners. Starting a campaign to focus on networking with these demographics is a great way to build your brands reputation as a premier cleaning service provider.
post #19 of Old 03-17-2011, 09:42 AM

Finding more Customers

One method we found useful in gaining more customers and making a nice presence in the community is to join the Chamber of Commerce in the areas we serve.

Avelina
http://www.terrascleaning.com
post #20 of Old 03-25-2011, 12:46 PM

marketing

I have had really good results commercially with the combination of 1) a good website with a lot of information on it 2) lots of seo 3) door-to-door passing out of postcards and brochures to commercial clients (with my website address, on it of course)

For Residential Cleaning I haven't done door to door (too many doors!)

I got a few jobs from direct mail - mailing out brochures to people - but it is so expensive. 43 cents for postage for each brochure! Which made each brochure cost around a $1. With a 1-2% return rate, it doesn't seem like a good ROI.

I am contemplating door hangers which will be a lot cheaper than mailing brochures.

Bainbridge Island Window Cleaning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode