Getting Office Cleaning Contracts - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-21-2011, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

Getting Office Cleaning Contracts

Hello everyone,

I just started a new cleaning business and i'm looking to target offices. I have gone to visit several offices in the area and the ones in office complexes say they are managed by a larger firm, other small offices are telling me they do the work themselves. I can't seem to find the right clients.

First of all what are the best marketing techniques? Are phone calls, direct mail, or in person meetings most effective? What businesses are good targets: Lawyers, cpas, doctors?

I got Sam Rodman's book Cleaning up the Profits and the information was good, I just want to make sure i'm using the techniques correctly.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks guys

Last edited by CleanerbytheMinute; 05-21-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-21-2011, 11:09 AM

All of above for getting client, phone calls, direct marketing, walk ins, websites, yellow pages, basicly a little of everthing and keep tract of what works best for your area. for what business are good? any building that has people in it..

RJ Cleaning Service Inc
Serving Central Massachusetts
www.rjcleaningservice.com
post #3 of Old 06-08-2011, 07:50 AM

We've also had good luck with PPC (Google AdWords) advertising. These days, especially Commercial Cleaning clients are going to be searching for a cleaner on Google before they open the Yellow pages.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-08-2011, 09:03 AM
J4K

True, yellow pages are a waste of money in this day and age.
post #5 of Old 06-11-2011, 05:06 AM

I really consider that Yellow Pages is still the best way to get customers

Los Angeles cleaning
Office cleaning Los Angeles
We provide office cleaning and commercial cleaning in Los Angeles
post #6 of Old 06-11-2011, 07:53 PM

You reckon? I suppose every market is different, but here in New Zealand, we've been trying to ask customers how they find us and it seems very few have used the Yellow Pages. When you consider the that for the price of a decent-sized advert in Yellow book you can get a nice website and several months worth of AdWords, it's an easy decision. Plus then we can change the website throughout the year, run specials and make updates. Can't do that with Yellow.

If your Yellow works like ours, I'd recommend getting the cheapest offering they have, so you have some presence there and on the Yellow website if people who already know you just want to look up the number. Then spend the savings on web - and make sure your phone number is on the top of EVERY page!

We figure that mostly older customers are finding us via Yellow, and mostly for home cleaning. Most commercial customers have computers and internet at their desk anyway, and find us via Google search.
post #7 of Old 06-13-2011, 07:07 AM
J4K

I agree, about 70% of people who contact us find us on the internet, the other 30% are people who recommend us. Can't remember the last time someone said they found us in the yellow pages.
post #8 of Old 06-18-2011, 03:31 AM

Of course yellow pages is not a massive contributor, but you do not want to miss out the fraction of traffic and probable customers from there.
post #9 of Old 06-18-2011, 04:22 AM

What budget should you allow for Pay Per Click (Google AdWords) advertising to get responses ??
post #10 of Old 06-18-2011, 07:01 AM

Initially you will not get the much cleaning contract so don't be frustrate . And about the marketing strategy like call, direct meting & mailing are well enough .One step you can take is internet marketing that will help you a lot.

Thanks & Regards
Orbit Group
Commercial cleaning in Perth

post #11 of Old 06-18-2011, 07:11 AM

@Cleanicall: The AdWord things totally depends on the market. Since it's an auction, it really depends on a lot of factors. Even just in New Zealand, it can vary widely. Auckland is much more competitive but some of the smaller towns are far cheaper. Still, a (really, really) rough figure to keep in mind is somewhere between $0.50 and $2.00 per click. You can read up on Google AdWords, just search for "AdWords Tutorial". But there is a tool to give an estimate when you're setting up a new account. Frankly, I have my web developer here in Christchurch do it all for me... he knows the ins-and-outs of all this.
post #12 of Old 06-18-2011, 07:36 AM
J4K

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanway View Post
Of course yellow pages is not a massive contributor, but you do not want to miss out the fraction of traffic and probable customers from there.
For the amount of money it would cost, yes I would want to miss out on the fraction of customers. Return on investment is extremely bad with yellow pages.
post #13 of Old 06-18-2011, 07:40 AM

yep. Same here... for the cost of an advert in Yellow I can bring in 100x more customers with Google AdWords and have some left over.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode