Green Cleaning Services - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-24-2009, 06:26 AM Thread Starter

Green Cleaning Services

Do you want it clean? Do you prefer it green? We deliver!

The Everything GirlsThe Everything Girls is Ottawa’s Top cleaning and concierge service company. We use superior and environmentally friendly cleaning supplies and cleaning equipment to do the job the way you wish you had time to do it. Our systematic cleaning checklist which is available on our website, ensures our teamwork is effective, efficient and held to highest cleaning standards. Call us now for an immediate quote.

http://theeverythinggirls.com/tegcleaning/index.html

Here's why we believe we are superior to other cleaning services:

* We let you customize your maid service
* We only hire the best so you can be assured of a high-quality cleaning service that's safe, affordable, and effective
* We use green cleaners and green cleaning methods
* We strive to be the best housecleaning service in the greater Ottawa area and are proud that our customers believe us to be just that

http://theeverythinggirls.com/tegcleaning/index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-26-2009, 11:39 PM

chemicals

I work for a fella who's marketing himself as green but uses aerosol stainless steel polish and cheap furniture polish spray to get smudges and dirt on finished wood.

What are the best alternatives?

Simple Green makes a pump stainless polish and Method has a pump furniture cleaner, I think with carnuba wax if memory serves. Any idea if those are good? The furniture is for spot-polishing desks without clearing them off, so I'm concerned about anything with polish or wax building up.
post #3 of Old 12-01-2009, 10:09 AM

Congrats on being a green cleaner!!!!

I am trying to educate the masses here in New Orleans to the benefits of green cleaning.

Good luck!!!

Barrett
Cleaning Concierge, LLC
Green Commerical & Residential Cleanings
Serving Greater New Orleans, La Area
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-02-2009, 04:41 AM

I can't make any recommendations, but make sure that the products the service uses are certified by Green Seal.

Green Seal has established industry wide standards of what can be considered "green". They have a database of certified products on their website.

www.greenseal.org

Regards,
post #5 of Old 12-03-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleaningConciergeLLC View Post
Congrats on being a green cleaner!!!!

I am trying to educate the masses here in New Orleans to the benefits of green cleaning.

Good luck!!!
New Orleans? Need a cleaner? (I'm in West Alabama and my job's been cut down to nothing for the holidays. Boss's fully expecting me to find something else and quit before the end of the month.)
post #6 of Old 12-03-2009, 08:26 PM
J4K

There is also DfE approved cleaners, http://www.epa.gov/dfe/index.htm
post #7 of Old 12-20-2009, 05:26 PM

it's good to see more green cleaners, although it may seem a little silly to want other companies to be green reducing the value of my usp, but green is something more should be doing reducing the use as harmful toxic products. Good luck finding an alternative to everything, i'm not 100% there yet so explain if we can't do it in a green clean way (which is fairly rare) then we'll ask permission to use a toxic product, which are weak toxic products. I hope in the next few months i'll have all standard cleaning material that are only non-toxic.
post #8 of Old 01-11-2010, 03:18 PM

Lightbulb Want to clean green, Try this!

You should try GreenTerpene d-Limonene. Its made from fresh orange peels and nothing else. Stuff works great, turns out it the active ingredient in all citrus cleaners, but without the soap and water.

Last time I checked, they had a 5% off coupon code " cleanit "

GreenTerpene.com
post #9 of Old 01-16-2010, 08:19 AM

I found a nontoxic stainless steel polish in a pump bottle by RedMax at one of the big-box home improvement stores. Stuff works as good as petroleum-based aerosol cleaners.

I guess I'm in harm-reduction mode for wood cleaning. I'm looking for an economical non-aerosol, non-irritating, non-wax/polish everyday cleaner and, so far, it looks like Pledge Multisurface and Liquid Gold wood wash are about the best I'm going to find. Any opinions on the safety/efficacy of either? I tried the Pledge stuff, and it works pretty good and it's mainly alcohol, so it's pretty neutral. Smells godawful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode