help to pricing a 18,000sf building. Las Vegas Nevada - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-02-2013, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

help to pricing a 18,000sf building. Las Vegas Nevada

I had my company for almost 2 years for now only clean a small offices ( the bigger has around 4,000sf ) now I have to give an estimate for a building that has 18,000 square feet, I'm not sure how much to charge per square foot, the building has 4 medium sized bathrooms, a room for eating, has approximately 8,000 feet of vct floor hallways the rest are offices of different size, I have to remove trash, vacuuming, sweeping and mopping the floors I have to buy and the chemicals for cleaning, thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-06-2013, 02:29 PM

Okay I'm new to this business, just starting out to be honest.

But here is what makes sense to me...

You have workers? What is your total cost per hour, for 1 worker? 17$? 20$? Figure this out first. TOTAL COST, hourly wage, medicare/taxes and so on.

Then, how much can 1 worker clean in 1 Single hour? Usually 2k sq. feet an hour if not less than 1 hour or more, depending on how much things need to be cleaned. Figure this out next.

Then, figure out how much sq. feet you have that needs to be cleaned.

You said 18k sq. feet. So that would be:

18k sqf /2k sqf a worker an hour= 9 hours for 1 worker to clean it all up. Or 9 workers to clean it up in 1 hour. You figure out how much workers you want to put out there, in 1 SINGLE NIGHT. Main point: Figure out how long it will take to clean everything in a single night.

You said it needs to be cleaned 2 times a week? So that would be a total of 18 hours of cleaning a week.

Take those 18 hours of cleaning a week and multiply by the hourly rate.

AND you have yourself your labor cost.

Then figure out how much material/supplies are going to cost you.
Then you figure out transportation costs.

Take.
Labor cost.
Materials/supplies
Transportation costs
= TOTAL COSTS.

Then factor in how much profit you want from the office building.

So lets say your total costs a week is $ 500.00, 2 employees and material cost and such. times 4 weeks = $ 2,000.00 a month.

Take 20% of that as your "leeway" price, ie. you might need to spend more or less so 20% seems a good enough % to charge incase you didn't anticipate something you should have= $ 2,400.00 then just add in another $ 500.00 - $1,000.00 depending on how much you think you can squeeze from them. And you'll be certain that...

Your bid will be of the lowest 2 of 3 of them. And your bid will also bring you at least 500$-1000$ profit a month, on top of the 20% margin you put in just incase you didn't account for something occuring.

So yea, $ 2,800-$ 3,700.00 seems like a good price a month...

My numbers can be off/likely are depending on your region.

Figure out your
labor costs
supplies/materials
transportation costs
factor in 20% leeway
Plus just add in a good 500-1000$ as pure profit.,,depending on what you think would be reasonable for the project you are working on.

Hope I helped, please do share what you price it at, and tell us the results of the bid, ie. did you win or not? What did win and so on?

Make this thread more helpful to others by contributing in the way I proposed.

Thank you!
post #3 of Old 09-08-2013, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

thanks

thanks for the information really helped me, I send my budget and I am waiting for the answer, I share the information when they respond

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode