Help Pricing New Office Quote - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-04-2013, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Help Pricing New Office Quote

We are going to do a first walk thru tomorrow there are several bids already in and they are taking two more. It is a new office they are moving into it's 15k sq. feet but only like 7,500 sq.ft. is office space that needs cleaning. there are four bathrooms, 4 urinals, 1 complete bathroom with shower. Blinds to be dusted, linoleum in kitchen, wood floors, carpet, inside windows "don't know how many yet". Taking out trash and regular office cleaning is what they want. It will be twice a week and it's a one hour drive each way for us. We plan on charging $15 hr. two employees. This is in South Florida area.

I need assistance in putting this together to give a proper quote and not be too high or too low. This will be my first commercial quote and im anxious in getting this new contract. Where would I start ?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-06-2013, 11:56 PM

We would be between $550.00 - $650.00 per month.
Good luck!
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #3 of Old 09-07-2013, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

I did the walkthru and after talking with the manager she indicated they also wanted a/c filters changed every month which they would provide. And wash the outside windows 9 of them plus the entrance once a month. She also told that the owners are very frugal and they will ask for a discount on top of what ever bid I make. Mind you that are already 5 bid besides mine, so what I did I bid $750 per month and added the a/c filter changes & outside window cleaning free of charge hoping this will get there attention and if they ask for a discount I would be able to come down. But the manager told the bids that have been submitted already are in the $600- $700 range. I came in at $50 higher. Don't know if I out bid myself or did good by offering two free services.

What do you guys think, Since this is my first walk-thru I would like opinions in helping out a new commercial newbie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-07-2013, 06:20 PM

I think you priced it right, sometime you don't want to give things for free specially if they are going to be asking for discount and you will have a very minimal profit that might not be worth it.
Good Luck and let us know how it went.

www superbprocleaning com
post #5 of Old 09-14-2013, 09:39 AM

HomeCleanMiami,

I agree 100% with Superb Pro on this account. You've already offered to provide two services for free and you have an hour drive each week to factor in as well. If they call you, I would stress the VALUE your company provides before I would start eating away at my profit margin. Those who shop on price alone get what they pay for. Good luck!

Nu-Wave Cleaning
Serving Gloucester and Camden County NJ
www.nuwavecleaning.com
[email protected]aning.com
post #6 of Old 10-29-2013, 02:29 AM

Bunch of thanks for sharing this interesting and informative post. Keep it up
post #7 of Old 05-27-2015, 02:16 PM

Thanks for posting here information… I have searched from this site.. It is amazing..
post #8 of Old 05-28-2015, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eng84ine View Post
HomeCleanMiami,

I agree 100% with Superb Pro on this account. You've already offered to provide two services for free and you have an hour drive each week to factor in as well. If they call you, I would stress the VALUE your company provides before I would start eating away at my profit margin. Those who shop on price alone get what they pay for. Good luck!
That's the great thing about residential cleaning.... the only thing I have to give for free is my great conversation!

I bet HomeCleanMiami regrets it if they got that account at that price. It will cost a minimum of $300+ for drive time and fuel for the month. That's before any cleaning is done. Plus oil changes and wear and tear on the vehicle. Hopefully they stuck with the cleaning that is in their name.
post #9 of Old 07-24-2015, 11:42 AM

So? Did you win!?
post #10 of Old 07-24-2015, 12:43 PM

It depends what you mean by 'win'.

Did he get the account? No idea. People normally use us here to get an answer and never come back when reality sets in.

If he got the job I can guarantee he didn't 'win' according to his calculator. lol He LOST lots of money to the gas station, windshield time and mechanic when all was said and done.

99.9999% of my jobs are within 10 minutes of each other. The only job that is out of the area is charged $140 for 1.5 hours of work. That job takes 20 minutes to get to.

Miami seemed to have wanted the job without using his/her calculator. Getting a job just to have the job is silly. If you gotta do free stuff or drive an hour to get to it, you need to charge enough to make it worth it. If you charge $550 a month and it costs you $475 a month to do the job, what's the point? $550 - $475 = $75 profit - taxes takes it down in the $50 range of profit. Seems silly when you use a calculator huh?
post #11 of Old 07-24-2015, 04:23 PM

Sprint Car, how to doing so good? cold calling?
post #12 of Old 08-11-2015, 05:10 AM

Try looking for competitors' prices and make a reasonable one yourself. Checking the local companies and rates would definitely help making your portfolio good and competitive. Good luck!

Tags
cleaning business , commercial cleaning , office cleaning , office cleaning services

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode