Help with restaurant bid - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-13-2011, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Help with restaurant bid

I had a walk through with the owner today, the total square footage is 7,500

1500 sq ft Kitchen
lounge area
sushi bar
large regular bar
private party room
large dining room
2 bathrooms
35 booths/tables - need to wipe down
Floors- mostly wood, tile in kitchen, carpet in private party room

This will be a one-time cleaning.... Any help will be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-13-2011, 06:42 PM

impossible without a rough idea of the amount of carpet and the layout. will you have to move tables n chairs, what kind of condition is it in etc...

around here if you do a really good job you can bill $85-110/hr for hot water extraction which you could divide pretty easy into sq/ft

in fact, in a lot of restaurants i estimate my time more than i do actual size.

carpet cleaning hillsboro oregon and the surrounding portland metro area
post #3 of Old 04-13-2011, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Help with restaurant bid

I would have to move chairs only on the wood floor surface. ( which is the large lounge area and the large bar area.)The carpeted rooms will need vacuumed only. It is alot of glass to clean behind the bars...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-13-2011, 07:12 PM

i can't really relate to the pricing. i've never cleaned glass at a resturant and would really pitch cleaning ALL the carpet. dirt, dustmites and grime settle in and should be extracted frequently in a commercial app.

carpet cleaning hillsboro oregon and the surrounding portland metro area
post #5 of Old 04-14-2011, 08:13 AM
J4K

Bid high! Kitchens can be a real pain in the rear! Do you have a truck mount or a pressure washer for the kitchen floors? The area under and around the bar can be tough as well. Good luck.
post #6 of Old 05-03-2011, 11:35 PM

I think you should charge per work and not per hour . It allows you to add more proffit on top !

Los Angeles cleaning
Office cleaning Los Angeles
We provide office cleaning and commercial cleaning in Los Angeles
post #7 of Old 07-22-2011, 07:47 PM

Do another walk-thru and estimate "high" on the amount of time its going to take you to complete this job. Think of a "high" wage $35./hr. for yourself and $20./hr. for your partner. Bill $55./man hr. There is alot of different types of cleaning going on here. Many different types of equipment and supplies needed. You want to be compensated for your time spent at the location. Don't forget to include supplies and travel time (gas) in your bid. This job could take between 5-7 hrs. to complete with a partner. Think high.

Last edited by NEclean; 07-24-2011 at 09:51 AM. Reason: add'tl. info.
post #8 of Old 01-05-2014, 03:56 PM

What I*read*I really liked it.*Thank you for*your information!
post #9 of Old 04-22-2015, 04:59 AM

Well dear it is quite difficult to estimate the cost without visiting the venue. You can estimate the overall price by evaluating the cost of interior and the condition of building. Anyways, I need to know about some Boston restaurants where I can get best Thai food for my birthday party. Can you help?

Last edited by kevian77; 04-23-2015 at 11:57 PM.
post #10 of Old 04-22-2015, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevian77 View Post
Well dear it is quite difficult to estimate the cost without visiting the venue. You can estimate the overall price by evaluating the cost of interior and the condition of building. Anyways, I need to know about some Boston restaurants where I can get best Thai food for my birthday party. Can you help?
i had to read your comment by quoting it. I don't think that colored font is gonna help somebody with anything. I suggest you keep it nice and clean.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode