Hotel Construction Clean UP - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-14-2008, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to wbell
Hotel Construction Clean UP

Looking for some help on a hotel job. Water pipe burst flooding three floors. Contractor is refurbing all three floors and about 36 of the rooms. Hotel is shut down. The whole thing will need to be cleaned.

This is a little different than the jobs we typically do. I walked it today and in addition to the typical work... dust/sweep/clean the bathrooms... the walls, doors, trim and hallways will need to be cleaned. There is plaster everywhere.

Thoughts on how to price this or even things I need to be looking for that I have not already mentioned.?

Thank you!

Wil Bell
AllShine
Cleaning Services & Solutions
[email protected]
www.itallshines.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-15-2008, 11:37 AM

Well from the sounds of it you could price this one similar to a post construction clean-up. It more likely that the insurance company is going to be paying for the total of the repairs/restoring of the place. I would price it just like a post construction clean-up and generally they bring a higher price since they are a one shot deal. Good luck!
post #3 of Old 01-07-2009, 11:22 AM

Just whatever you do, try not to commoditize yourself. It can be really tempting to charge by square foot or by hour. Instead, I'd suggest putting together a series of packages.

I'm sorry for being too simplistic. I realize that the challenge is more difficult than it sounds.

The structure I like to use is usually something along the lines of:

1: Testimonials to create trust
2: Benefits, features, description, etc...
3: The offer
4: Early sign-up bonuses
5: Early sign-up discounts

Try proposing 2 or 3 different offers. If one of them is super-expensive, it will increase the percieved value of your cheapo offer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode