How to Charge For Schools - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-04-2009, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

How to Charge For Schools

Hi Everyone

I have a questions about schools

how do you go about charging for schools

we havent done anything like this yet but we want to be prepared the next time someone ask us.

Multi Services
Residential & Commercial Cleaning
www.multiservices-janitorial.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-04-2009, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multi Services View Post
Hi Everyone

I have a questions about schools

how do you go about charging for schools

we havent done anything like this yet but we want to be prepared the next time someone ask us.
i know of a guy who cleans two high schools back-to-back and for the year charges $35,000 per school. Takes him half the day to clean though.
post #3 of Old 05-15-2009, 09:47 AM

It depends on how large the area for cleaning was.
fair pricing,,
You could ask cleaning services for the school pricing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-07-2009, 02:27 AM

Without knowing the area, needs and time duration not possible to quote perfect prices.
post #5 of Old 07-16-2009, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mold removal tampa View Post
Without knowing the area, needs and time duration not possible to quote perfect prices.
I agree with this guy how can we give you suggestion with out knowing your needs, and also you have not done anything like this before so I would suggest you to get quotes from somewhere according to your needs it would give you better Idea.
post #6 of Old 08-04-2009, 06:58 AM

Yes i think all are agree with above comment if you really required exact information so you should give us accuratete detail we can help you.
post #7 of Old 12-20-2009, 05:35 PM

simplest thingh which worked for me was be honest, explain you'r enew to this and explain why this is a benefit which they wont get with other companies. we won a school contract within first few months of starting and it has helped us massively in the first half of our year. we priced according to classroom and tables and then what needed to be done each night, and not by square meter or however most usually price. we feel we are fairly compeititive and give great service. we were even allowed a 1 month trial at a certain price as they appreciated we were new, and i think knew that as a result would work much harder.
post #8 of Old 09-13-2014, 03:18 AM

HI guys - thanks very much for posting this info.
post #9 of Old 11-19-2014, 10:42 PM

How can I charge to clean a daycare
post #10 of Old 02-07-2016, 04:16 AM

I think it all comes down to number of rooms / square meters and the time and number of staff required to clean the school. These factors will assist in coming up with a quote
post #11 of Old 02-12-2016, 03:50 PM

Usually schools are more expensive to clean, because its floors... But all depends on cleanable area and frequency of the service required. Every school, different requirements.

JC.
AJ Services - Commercial Cleaning Company
Commercial Cleaning Services
post #12 of Old 02-12-2016, 11:47 PM

You could check for recent RFQ's for local school districts. If the school is in a larger city, chances are the district would put out a proposal request. These are public information so you should be able to look at past bid winners and see what other companies have bid and won at. I've had luck checking on larger towns websites, but if it is a small town, I've noticed the site rarely gets updated or the RFQ/RFP is never even posted
post #13 of Old 11-05-2017, 07:10 PM

Schoo, daycare, preschool - same

All educational facilities are the same and you charge accordingly, usually its little more then regular office cleaning... But not much, also calculate little bit more spending for chemicals as you can't use bleach or other similar products in school...

J.
Quote:
Originally Posted by copa cleaning service View Post
How can I charge to clean a daycare

JC.
AJ Services - Commercial Cleaning Company
Commercial Cleaning Services
post #14 of Old 11-06-2017, 11:34 AM

Every school is different.

Who is supplying the paper products, the floor wax and would the floor waxing be part of your contract.

What about the windows, the pressure cleaning at the exterior, the removal of gum from underneath desks and lunch tables?

Will they supply the automatic scrubbers and vacuum cleaners, the mops or will you?What about the replacement pads for the scrubbers, the cleaning chemicals?

You can't look at someone else's price and think WOW! that's a lot of money for one school.Not so fast lest you step in poo.

http://selz.co/1Eq7peH
post #15 of Old 02-26-2020, 08:55 PM

It depends on the school's floor area, how big is it?
You can deal with it with the school.
Every school have different.
post #16 of Old 02-27-2020, 10:24 PM

Some larger schools may also want a day service, so be prepared to staff evenings and day shifts. Check the cities recent contracts awarded to the last cleaning service. That will give you an idea how much the last bid was for

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode