How clean is clean? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-13-2007, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

How clean is clean?

Here is an eye-opening video on just how dirty our clean restrooms are...

http://www.kaivac.com/video/cleaning...hvideo_wmv.asp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-13-2007, 06:54 PM

Little over the top on that video. Scare tactic doesnt turn me on to that company very much

Charlie Soden
Apex DeckSavers
(919) 302-1523
Deck Cleaning and Staining

Last edited by bigchaz; 07-13-2007 at 07:28 PM.
post #3 of Old 07-13-2007, 07:08 PM

country gal here on dialup. don't do videos cause it would take all night for it to stream.

what's on it? and what's the name of the company? i'd like to at least read about it.

have y'all heard that there are way more harmful germs/bacteria in kitchens than in bathrooms?

suzi g
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-16-2007, 02:12 PM

Hey all, I would like for them to show me how it can cut down that far on cleaning times. The 1 building im over has 46 resrrooms. I can see where taking that system from room to room would take more time. I do see an advantage of cleaning this way. as far as clean goes. Just my 2 cents worth. Thanks Stan
post #5 of Old 07-16-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzikg View Post
country gal here on dialup. don't do videos cause it would take all night for it to stream.

what's on it? and what's the name of the company? i'd like to at least read about it.

have y'all heard that there are way more harmful germs/bacteria in kitchens than in bathrooms?

suzi g

Nothing truly missed Suzikg...... just an infomercial for the Kaivac no touch cleaning system. *(think portable pressure washing system for use indoors to clean bathrooms in commercial settings [the kind that are all tile and have drains in the floors]
post #6 of Old 07-20-2007, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

IMO - no scare tactic at all. I mean look at the cruise ships that are almost shut down due to the spread of germs by reusing the same rag or mop to clean. This is no different than a public restroom, just on a grander scale. Being able to clean 35 times more effective than a mop AND not have to touch anything - I'd be sold!

And Opclean - many advantages with cleanliness being paramount. No-Touch Cleaning dramatically increases productivity compared to conventional cleaning methods. According to ISSA, it takes an average of three minutes to clean a restroom fixture. In many restrooms No-Touch Cleaning cuts that time to one minute, leaving surfaces sparkling clean in one-third the time. The multipurpose systems help eliminate unnecessary equipment and automatic proportioning of chemicals reduces costly waste.

You view demos of the machines at http://www.kaivac.com/products/video/

Last edited by cleeenfreeek; 07-20-2007 at 08:23 AM.
post #7 of Old 08-02-2007, 08:19 AM

I call foul and say SPAM

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #8 of Old 12-12-2007, 12:21 AM

Kaivac - Overpriced, over-reaching

Cleaning equipment manufacturers are pushing the insane level of germ-a-phobia because it SELLS THEIR STUFF FOR THEM.

Is it real? NO. Is it worth the money/ ABSOLUTELY NOT. Does it save time and money? NO WAY. Recent studies have shown that simple cleaning, hand washing, and basic hygiene are far more effective at reducing infection and disease than most other treatment.

As far as this "steam" and pressure scam goes, so once you've done it, and Joe Blow comes in and infects the place 20 minutes after you're done - WHAT THEN? Bring in the Kaivac after each restroom use? Who will foot the bill? NOBODY.

There is NOTHING that will ensure ANY PLACE is germ free, safe, and not inhabited by "bugs".....so the answer? ....

Remember - WE (humans) carry "bugs" and germs...AND WE DO IT ALL THE TIME ! Since most people's bodies can handle everyday exposure, everything will be okay......SOOooo.....

Wash your hands, clean your restrooms and other "high-touch" surface areas regularly. DO NOT over use chemicals, because you will only make matters worse, and also keep in mind etiquette for sickness, i.e., cover your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing, don't shake hands after coughing or sneezing, generally keep your hands away from your eyes, nose, and mouth.
Get regular exercise and stay in decent shape.

We live in an imperfect condition - don't freak out and get too "bug-a-booed" about this stuff, just use common sense and stay healthy.
post #9 of Old 12-13-2007, 08:31 PM

This is pretty sensationalist stuff.
post #10 of Old 12-14-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeenfreeek View Post
According to ISSA, it takes an average of three minutes to clean a restroom fixture. In many restrooms No-Touch Cleaning cuts that time to one minute, leaving surfaces sparkling clean (and soaking wet)in one-third the time.

I've heard from people who actually use these things. While they do work good for deep cleaning, they will not speed you up at all.
post #11 of Old 02-01-2008, 04:14 PM

the restraunt restroooms that i clean...I shoot them out, i use chemicals, scrub brush and a water hose.. they are not big restrooms so this method works great for me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode