How to get cleaning contracts - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-29-2012, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

How to get cleaning contracts

Anyone can learn how to start a cleaning business without any capital - providing you know how to get cleaning contracts that have a value in their own right.
*You must avoid domestic cleaning because You will never earn enough money from domestic cleaning or one-off cleaning jobs. The real money is to be made from the value of your cleaning business.
*You want your service prices to be competitive with other cleaning contractors, but you also want to win some contracts in the beginning to get your company started.
*Study the competition for cleaning services in the area. Focus on companies offering cleaning services in the chosen niche.

Starting a Window Washing Service is easy but there are many things you MUST KNOW in order to succeed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-03-2012, 03:14 AM

Cleaning business does not require huge expenditure and experience. Company just require basic cleaning materials, machines and workers.

Street clean
post #3 of Old 08-03-2012, 02:31 PM

Smile Low Cost Start-Up

Perhaps it is true, that the cost to buy the basic cleaning equipment to perform basic office cleaning service is true. However getting good, well priced, office cleaning contracts is far from easy and a time consuming activity.
Most cleaning start ups fail more then 70% of the time for the primary reason of either failure or the inability to acquire enough clientele to make a decent living. There are other hurdles of course, but to make it sound as if all you need is a mop and bucket and you are in business, is simply a joke. The unforeseen or the unexpected costs of starting a business is by far more costly then the cost of basic cleaning equipment.
--------------------------------
Serv-U-Clean Janitorial Service Toronto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-03-2012, 06:00 PM

So please explain why I will never earn 'enough'.... 'enough' for what?... from domestic cleaning? For several months I've been working 12-15 hours per week making $2500 a month. Pretty good for p/t and spending most of my day with the grandson (we stayed up till 2am and slept till 10am). As I stated in another thread, he is gone now and I'm gearing my business up and will be making several thousands of dollars profit per month by the end of the year. For several years I made between $10,000-$13,000 per month profit in residential cleaning and plan to make atleast that much this time around... so please tell me how much is 'enough' and why I can't make said amount with domestic cleaning......?? More than anything I'd like to know what 'enough' is? Would 'enough' be no debt, living in a penthouse over looking the city and taking trips about any time we feel like taking a trip? This year we have been to the Florida Keys, back to Florida 2 times since, Memphis 3 times for racing, Austin, Tx., Labor day weekend we will be at a dirt track in Kansas City and Belleville, Ks... 2 more trips to Memphis planned and she has a single trip to Canada planned for October... and still seem to have more than 'enough' left over to save and be out of debt. So what exactly is 'enough' and why can't it be made in domestic cleaning?
post #5 of Old 08-03-2012, 06:42 PM

I was waiting for your reply to this one Sprintcar!! I knew it would be good!
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org

Last edited by jahra352; 08-04-2012 at 10:08 PM.
post #6 of Old 08-04-2012, 02:33 AM

Heck, I'm just wondering what 'enough' is? I mean... residential cleaning has been my rock so I'm just wondering. The money made from residential has made it so I don't have to spend any other money we've made. I know many others who have made a lot of money in residential cleaning. Almost every member of my family saw how much money I was making and quit their jobs to start a residential cleaning business in their own town.

A person can make money doing about anything... IF they try hard enough. Personally, having been in many other businesses and currently have a few others, I think residential cleaning is the easiest by FAR to make money at within 30 days of start. And can be as big as you want it to be or keep it small, work 2-3 hours a day and still bring in $30+ an hour.

I know most people won't put what they make on here but honestly, a person making $2000 a month and no debt can live pretty darn good if they think before they do things. You don't need to make $10,000 a month. The problem is that the originator of this post has no idea how to make his money work for him and needs to visit the Dave Ramsey web site. Daveramsey dot com I have a friend that makes almost a million a year, lives in a huge house with a $3500 house payment, drives a Porche and spends money faster than I can make it... no lie... while I'm writing this I'm sure he has spent $1500... and the money he makes isn't 'ENOUGH'.
post #7 of Old 08-04-2012, 07:07 AM

This is right that you should keep prices lower than your competitor’s but this is not true that you can’t earn from residential cleaning. I know several people who established their business behalf cleaning of residential projects. So, I don’t think that you should always choose commercial projects.
post #8 of Old 08-04-2012, 09:22 AM

Not that Dave Ramsey needs my "stamp of approval", but listening to his podcasts and attending his seminar has made a big difference in how I think about finances. Financial stability is a good thing, but it is not defined by a specific amount. Balancing your earnings and spending works!

Clean4Real Cleaning Services
post #9 of Old 08-08-2012, 05:28 AM

Well, I think reputation plays an important role here.Goodwill can attract the people to give contract to that company.
post #10 of Old 08-14-2012, 05:24 PM

Hey Sprint how did you start in the beginning
post #11 of Old 08-21-2012, 02:52 AM

Networking works by exposing you to many other business people in your region. You get to spread the word you are in the cleaning business and are actively looking for customers. Though many members may not need your services, they may know others that do.

Probably my absolute favorite way of finding cleaning contracts in my area. In fact, I built my business largely on the back of my direct mail efforts. Direct mail does require a very good sales letter (preferably a 2 page letter) and a flyer that highlights some special offer.

User of newspapers is another important aspect of finding contacts for your business.
post #12 of Old 08-22-2012, 09:42 PM

One of my ways is to call and set up appointments with the person I really need to talk to in order t get a particular account I may be after. I found just walking in to be a waste of my time and almost unprofessional and desperate.

Carpet cleaning in Los angles

Carpet cleaning in Pasadena

Trojan Carpet Care
504 Del Monte st
Pasadena, Ca, 91103
(626) 393-5965
http://trojancarpetcare.com
post #13 of Old 09-10-2012, 08:25 PM

It's all in your attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcar93 View Post
Heck, I'm just wondering what 'enough' is? I mean... residential cleaning has been my rock so I'm just wondering. The money made from residential has made it so I don't have to spend any other money we've made. I know many others who have made a lot of money in residential cleaning. Almost every member of my family saw how much money I was making and quit their jobs to start a residential cleaning business in their own town.

A person can make money doing about anything... IF they try hard enough. Personally, having been in many other businesses and currently have a few others, I think residential cleaning is the easiest by FAR to make money at within 30 days of start. And can be as big as you want it to be or keep it small, work 2-3 hours a day and still bring in $30+ an hour.

I know most people won't put what they make on here but honestly, a person making $2000 a month and no debt can live pretty darn good if they think before they do things. You don't need to make $10,000 a month. The problem is that the originator of this post has no idea how to make his money work for him and needs to visit the Dave Ramsey web site. Daveramsey dot com I have a friend that makes almost a million a year, lives in a huge house with a $3500 house payment, drives a Porche and spends money faster than I can make it... no lie... while I'm writing this I'm sure he has spent $1500... and the money he makes isn't 'ENOUGH'.
The thing is money doesn't care. You can have much or little it all depends on you. You get to decide. If you are not making enough money in your cleaning business it is because you set the intention to struggle. You may be thinking, ya right, but think about it. Why do some start-ups start growing right away while others struggle to survive for years. Listen to your self talk...are you saying "having a cleaning business is so hard", "there is too much competition", or "I can never catch a break".

Take a good honest look at what you say to yourself about money, if it is negative in any way, you are getting what you think about most of the time.

Want to change your cleaning company finances around?

Go to youtube and search for "the strangest secret", it changed everything for me.

Good luck to you.

The strangest thing about this signature is that by the time you stop reading it you realize it doesn't say anything. Commercial Cleaning Edmonton
professional offices, banks, medical buildings, retail stores, show rooms, catering halls, galleries, theatres, post new construction, houses of warship, most other commercial spaces

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode