How to Remove Scuff Marks From Floors - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-16-2011, 04:50 AM Thread Starter

How to Remove Scuff Marks From Floors

1.Put on a new pair of white, rubber-soled tennis shoes. Use your heel to rub the scuff mark off of the floor. Gauge how hard you should work your heel into the scuff mark by periodically checking the results on the floor.

2.Find a new, clean tennis ball. Rub the scuff mark with the tennis ball until it leaves a clean floor surface.

3 Use a dryer sheet to wipe the scuff marks away. Fold the dryer sheet into a square and use circular motions to take the scuff marks off of your floor.

4. Smooth scuff marks away using a regular pencil eraser. Some dark scuff marks can be erased simply by treating the marks with an eraser.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-11-2011, 07:19 PM

Scuff Marks

I use a low speed buffer (175 rpm) with a red pad on it to clean off the scuff marks. I clean some medical office with a bunch of them on the vinyl tile floor. The secretary told me that they are caused by the patients dragging their walkers across the floor. I have tried every other method, but this was the only thing that worked. For a couple of scuff marks it would not be worth it to pull out the buffer, but if you have a ton of them to clean, buffing them out is way faster.

Silverdale Window Cleaning and Janitorial
post #3 of Old 03-21-2011, 03:05 PM

A white finishing pad on the low speed floor buffer usually works just as good and isn't as hard on the finish.

Bellingham Carpet Cleaning

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-25-2011, 01:33 PM

For deeper scuff marks, I use a red pad first than I finish it off with a white pad. The white pad really helps it shine up. I've been using a low speed buffer with a white pad to get pretty good results... but not fantastic. Do you think a high speed buffer will make it significantly shinier?

Bainbridge Island Window Cleaning & Janitorial
post #5 of Old 04-09-2011, 12:36 AM
PCS

High Speed Shine

You get a better shine with a high speed than a low speed. If you have a good finsh down on the floor spray buff and watch it shine.
Bremerton Cleaning Paper Supplies

Last edited by PCS; 04-15-2011 at 03:30 AM.
post #6 of Old 04-14-2011, 09:46 PM

For larger areas of scuff marks, take a plain tennis ball, carefully cut a small “X” ( about 1/4 “) into the top. To avoid injury, DO NOT hold the ball in your hand as you cut it, but rather place it on a firm surface or vise grip. Insert the top of a broom handle into the “X” and, using the tennis ball end of the broom, rub the scuff marks with the tennis ball.

Love mother nature? Eco Friendly Cleaning Now!
post #7 of Old 04-19-2011, 02:46 AM

Isn't it sad we have to explain how to cut a tennis ball nowadays? lmao Back on the farm we used to learn things like that the hard way. After awhile, you learned to think ahead or end up like this....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode