how to remove stains from tiles in bathroom - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of Old 04-20-2016, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

how to remove stains from tiles in bathroom

Hello everyone
Sometimes Water stains give bad impression to interior of bathroom. Can anyone give me some cleaning tips like How to remove it ?
momentum likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-20-2016, 03:05 AM

Vinegar is a natural product, acidic and a deodorizer to name just a few things. If you have simple stains or basic dirt from day to day use, it works well on ceramic or glass tiles.The vinegar cleaning solution leaves no residue and can cut through grease, soap scum or other stains. Acidic vineger is effective at removing hard water or mineral deposits formed on tile walls, floors and even shower doors.

Last edited by Cricket; 03-24-2017 at 03:01 PM.
post #3 of Old 06-09-2016, 07:35 AM

I used common car polish to remove hard water stains from my shower tile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-20-2016, 08:57 PM

follow @fredmore , I suggest you use acidic solution. Vinegas is one sample, or lemon is well too.
post #5 of Old 06-22-2016, 11:39 PM

I'll share to you what I always did.

Use a soft bristle brush and lightly apply the cleaner on the stained tile or grout. Use an old toothbrush to ensure that the cleaner is applied to cracks and crevasses in the grout. Let the baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and soap mixture sit for about 15 minutes. Rinse the tile completely with warm or hot water.

Hope it can help you somehow!

*If it doesn't work, try to hire a professional cleaner like Austral Cleaning. They have the power to clean the stains easily and faster.
post #6 of Old 09-27-2016, 04:07 PM

use vinegar or use baking soda to clean your bathroom.
post #7 of Old 12-23-2016, 06:25 AM

Great suggestions!!
post #8 of Old 02-14-2017, 05:14 AM

Bathroom tiles are very sensitive as they get 414 times more water than your roof tiles. Removing all the stains from bathroom can be very tricky since the tiles allow stains to soak into the surface. Spray Impria - a patented cleaner, penetrating deep into the tiles to eliminate all the stains.
post #9 of Old 03-21-2017, 02:27 AM

Very good posting. Removing stains from bathroom tiles can be tricky as bathroom tiles are very sensitive; I think you should use vinegar to clean bathroom tiles and floors. Put baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and soap mixture in bathroom tiles for 15-20 minutes then rinse the tiles with warm water. Microfiber mop is a great tool for cleaning bathroom tiles. These are good techniques to get rid of aged water stains and spots easily.
post #10 of Old 03-21-2017, 05:09 AM

How to remove stains from tiles in bathroom

Great Suggestions !!
I would like to suggest an alternative method of removing difficult stains from tiles. The use of Muriatic acid removes various types of tough stains from the tile. But it should be used very carefully especially in the domestic locations. Proper protection and precautions must be taken.

Aseem Govil | Home Cleaning Expert @ A2Z End of Lease Cleaning
post #11 of Old 03-21-2017, 11:24 AM

Water stains are caused by hard water with minerals in it. These minerals are typically alkaline and can be dissoved with an acid solution. Vinegar is a good choice to dissolve the deposits. It might take awhile depending on how long and how much is there. A stronger acid could be used as well but be careful as they can burn your skin. Keeping your bathroom clean does indeed create a good impression but don't forget unseen areas that can cause future problems. Bathroom fans and exhaust/air ducts in the bathroom often clog up as well.

Eric
Air Health Services
post #12 of Old 03-24-2017, 01:43 PM

Each Surface Needs Evaluated

It depends on what kid of surface you are cleaning. For many materials, there are plenty of acceptable cleaners available. However, some materials can be hindered by using improper cleaning solutions. For example, marble can get marks on it called "etching". These etches can appear to be stains but in reality it is something else. Other kinds of natural stone are similar.

Before using acidic solutions on a surface, be sure you know what the material is because correcting this type of damage can be difficult, and in severe cases, very costly.

Kitchen Counter Care Products - Lustro Italiano
Products for the Stone Industry - Tenax USA
post #13 of Old 03-27-2017, 02:58 AM

You should try vinegar, maybe it will work. Or You can contact some cleaning company to get cleaning tips about hard water stains.
post #14 of Old 04-12-2017, 02:43 AM

I found very helpful tips for removing stains from bathroom tiles. I liked your forum. Acidic vinegar is an effective solution for removing hard water or mineral deposits formed on tile walls, floors and even shower doors. Natural product- such as vinegar can help reduce reactions while most hard chemical products do not.
post #15 of Old 04-17-2017, 03:50 AM

We can remove all the stains from your bathroom. If it is natural stone, ceramic or porcelain tile, we will clean it with Imperia Ė a powerful penetrating cleaner, eliminating all the deep stains, mold and mildew. Then, we will coat it with a clear topical solvent based sealant, preventing future staining with a 5 year labor warranty. If itís a concrete or cement based tile, we will clean it with H2O2, soaking deep to remove stains.
post #16 of Old 04-17-2017, 07:47 AM

What has worked for me is using a gentle cleaning fluid AND a Magic Eraser. This wont work if the surface is very rough (some tiles are like that-). But on a smoother surface it works well.

What drives me crazy is the hard water stains on glass shower doors. And even more so when the owners has just taken a shower so the shower stall is still wet! Kind yucky to shuffle around in an already wet shower stall. I put paper towels on the floor to do this, but still.....
Annie
post #17 of Old 04-21-2017, 09:43 PM

I used common car polish to remove hard water stains from my shower tile
post #18 of Old 05-01-2017, 02:02 AM

Water strainer is caused by the hard water and to remove it from the tiles, Floor Care Chemicals is the best options.
post #19 of Old 05-01-2017, 02:31 AM

Hi, Use a soft bristle brush and lightly apply the cleaner on the stained tile or grout. Use an old toothbrush to ensure that the cleaner is applied to cracks and crevasses in the grout. Let the baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and soap mixture sit for about 15 minutes. Rinse the tile completely with warm or hot water.
post #20 of Old 05-01-2017, 04:30 PM

Hmm.... I tried that and it did not work, at least for me. The water in my town is VERY full of different substances that stain tile, create a whitish film on shower doors, etc etc. I keep trying different products and techniques, and so far, nothing works really well. SO frustrating.

Also - there is the problem of TIME limits. Most of my customers cannot (and will not) pay for the extra time needed to do what you suggested. Maybe its just Florida, where the pay is low, and the cost of living is high. People have this silly idea that its cheaper to live in Florida. NOT!!! It isnt. I moved here from Boston, in 1997, and NEVER once found Florida to be a less expensive place to live. Back then, real estate WAS cheaper, but that changed in a hurry. Other things than housing were just as expensive. And now, real estate has gone WAY up.

Sometimes, I think I need 6 hands to do all the work I do! Sigh.......
Annie

Tags
commercial cleaners

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode