How to win cleaning contracts? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-22-2014, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

How to win cleaning contracts?

I'm new to the business. I haven't land my first clients just yet , but biding strategies have been on my mind all day. Lets Say 3 companies bid on a 2k s/f building company A bids 500 , company B 515 and company C 530 per month. Which company would most customers choose? Would the choose the lowest in most situation or would they choose the company that they feel more comfortable with? I Pricing as important as it is made out to be? Are there any other factors that determines who wins or lose out on a contract? Thank you for the help guys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-27-2014, 11:00 AM

Reasonable pricing, trust and understanding the business well will help you to win cleaning contracts. Hiring the proper janitorial cleaning company should not be a daunting task, but in order to hire the right one make sure you ask the right questions upon hiring. You want to hire a company that offers good value for your money and most importantly hire a company that cleans well on a consistent basis.
post #3 of Old 04-23-2014, 06:51 AM

Business

Advertise your Business on local newspaper and also list on Local Business listing sites to make to know people about your business services.

Bid competitive for contracts that will increase chance of winning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-23-2014, 09:31 AM

Make sure you have a website too so people can find you. Most people don't want to be found anymore, they want to find you when they need your services.

I'd say in the pricing model you gave, the prices are so close that whichever company or sales person connected with the hiring person would win that contract.

www.a1cleaningtechnologies.com

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill
post #5 of Old 04-24-2014, 07:23 AM

Awesome ,, it's all about prices i think ,, also quality is important ,, start your business with the website and google ads

Cheers
Eng / Mohamed Badawy
http://www.mymicrocleaning.com
post #6 of Old 04-24-2014, 07:25 AM

I know also a good company makes a website and makes also a google ads and seo ,,, they are very professional and made to us a good campaign ,, we got 30000 dollars after this campaign .... it's called servoplan located on Canada website is : servoplan.ca

Cheers
Eng / Mohamed Badawy
http://www.mymicrocleaning.com
post #7 of Old 05-16-2014, 06:08 AM

The cleaning services offered by Universal Janitorial is in reality the best alternative assuming that you oblige business cleaning services. We are committed towards our work and obligations.

Last edited by DavidNicken; 05-16-2014 at 06:10 AM. Reason: http://www.ujsinc.com/
post #8 of Old 05-16-2014, 06:14 AM

The cleaning services offered by Universal Janitorial is in reality the best alternative assuming that you oblige business cleaning services.

post #9 of Old 05-16-2014, 06:59 AM

I think that someone is off their medication again?
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #10 of Old 05-24-2014, 01:09 PM

If you start your business obtaining new clients based on price, it will be difficult to build a profitable business. You want to bill an amount that will allow adequate time to perform the work, pays your employees a reasonable wage, allows you to pay overhead and pay yourself. When companies bid too low to get the work they end up eventually losing the contract because they can't squeeze out a profit without taking short cuts. Stand behind the quality that you bring. Businesses who consistently choose the lowest bidder aren't serious about the cleanliness and maintenance of their building. Good clients are skeptical about very low bids and usually won't choose them because they understand the fact....you get what you pay for. Good luck to you.

Amanda
Quality Maintenance & Repair Service
http://www.qualitymaintenance.co
post #11 of Old 05-28-2014, 04:33 PM

QMR said it best. Couldn't have said it any better myself!

www.a1cleaningtechnologies.com

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill
post #12 of Old 05-30-2014, 01:44 PM

You have to find your USP (Unique Selling Point) that differentiates you from the rest and gives you an edge beyond price such as (responsiveness, convenience, flexibility, additional services, etc).

Winning a bid is usually easy in comparison to sustaining the account long-term and making it profitable..

When you can, try to sell additional services such as the following:
- floor maintenance
- carpet care
- lighting (changing lighting fixtures)-
- special event/holiday/construction clean-up
- day porter services
- light handyman services (patching walls, painting)
- pressure washing

That way you will be in a much better position to counter other low-bidders and low profits margins since you'll have more work per account and be able to deliver more value to your customer.
post #13 of Old 02-07-2016, 04:22 AM

I agree you have to explain what sets your business from the other competitors, what extra service can you provide, your pricing will also be considered but this may not be the main consideration.Its the quality of service that matters most
post #14 of Old 02-21-2016, 04:14 PM

where do you guys find commercial job for bidding?
post #15 of Old 02-22-2016, 01:31 AM

You can advertise in the local business paper and also local business listing sites to know people that you are offering cleaning services.
But every contract has a bidding process..
so if you quote for a lower price.. you might get the contract...
post #16 of Old 02-22-2016, 12:00 PM

Do these bidding websites work at all?
post #17 of Old 02-23-2016, 11:59 AM

I am newer to bidding commercial jobs. We have a pricing scale in place for residential cleaning and it works very well. With commercial it seems that most companies simply go with the cheapest bid. We provide low prices, but not unreasonably low. We tout the quality of our service, but it seems these commercial accounts want the best quality service for free. We still lower our profit margins when giving estimates. Most of our commercial bids are for apartment buildings. Do you guys enter into contracts with companies for commercial accounts? Also, do you use flat rates or are the rates adjusted per service? Thanks for the advice!

Tags
cleaning services

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode