I want to start small. - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-19-2008, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

I want to start small.

Ok I would like to start small cleaning office buildings/medical offices or bathrooms on the weekends.

Please direct me to how I can start and what I need. Please help.

I was looking at swisher and they seem pretty organized but they do mainly bathrooms.

Please help. I am a newbie and willing to work hard and learn.

Last edited by pyroracing85; 06-19-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-19-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroracing85 View Post
Ok I would like to start small cleaning office buildings/medical offices on the weekends.

Please direct me to how I can start and what I need. Please help.

I was looking at swisher and they seem pretty organized but they do mainly bathrooms.

Please help. I am a newbie and willing to work hard and learn.
Are you asking how to start your business or how to clean? Also, welcome to the forum.

Kendra
Busy Bees Cleaning Services
www.busybeesclean.com
post #3 of Old 06-19-2008, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendra View Post
Are you asking how to start your business or how to clean? Also, welcome to the forum.

Welcome to you also.

I am asking both. I seen some of the equipment the "professionals" use and it is different.

I mainly want to specialize in commercial bathrooms.

What equipment would I need? I seen some equipment for bathrooms it was like a mini pressure washer.

Please help me out

Last edited by pyroracing85; 06-19-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-19-2008, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

I would mainly do something like the company swisher hygiene. Commerical bathrooms
post #5 of Old 06-21-2008, 04:54 PM

Honestly, your best bet in the long run is to go work for a company that does it. There may be some issues with ethics there and non-compete clauses but its the best way to get your feet wet.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #6 of Old 06-22-2008, 08:58 AM

Does anyone use a sales person to get accounts

Just want to know if anyone has hired a sales person? to sign accounts,I know alot of the big company hire sales and telemarketers.I get accounts.As anyone here done that and how as it work for you.

Thanks
post #7 of Old 07-10-2008, 09:35 AM

10 Baller,

While I haven't ever hired a person dedicated to getting me customers, I do have people actively 'out there' passing out cards for me.

The person that passes the most cards out and has gotten me business is my salesman that I bought all my equipment from. Granted I've payed over $11,000 for my equipment but he has so many connections from businesses that have bought chemicals from him where he gives me the business name and person to contact.

The other person is my sister, you may have a family member who doesn't work full time and you can say "hey I'll give you 10% of any job you get for me" and I have been able to give several bids because of her.

Just a couple of thoughts of what I do, its basically like instead of paying a salesman upfront for work they may or may not get you, you're paying motivated friends or family to get jobs after you get paid from doing them. I would definitely get in close with your main equipment/chemical sales person and see what they would be willing to do for you. I offered my sales guy the 10% offer upfront and he declined just because if he gets me business, he in turn gets more business from me.

Hope this helps some.

Last edited by mooreoftom; 07-10-2008 at 09:38 AM.
post #8 of Old 07-10-2008, 09:51 AM

Pyro Racing85,

Have you heard of a company called KaiVac? They are a company that sells no-touch restroom cleaning machines, along with other systems.

I am a full-time facilities director aka a janitor by day, and I recently started a floor care business for the evening/weekends. Our school purchased one of those KaiVac's and let me tell you it has been a life saver for us. I don't want to sound like a rep. cause I'm not, it isn't as fast as regular cleaning like they say, however, it does do a detailed cleaning job especially in restrooms.

If you want more info on all the ways I have used it pm me and I'll tell you. Here is a site of a company in Atlanta, GA that does what you want to do, just restroom cleaning and they got all their information from KaiVac to use for free on their website. http://www.thebathroomguysusa.com

There is a lot of money to be made even in restaurant restroom cleaning I have a friend who did that (with the KaiVac)and had many accounts with Chic-fil-a, Cracker Barrel, and other businesses.
post #9 of Old 07-16-2008, 06:21 AM

Decide what you want

First of all you need to decide exactly what you want, as you are starting focus on only one cleaning service and gradually start adding other services.

Office Cleaning London - Total Clean provide competitively priced office cleaning in London, also commercial cleaning and office cleaning services London, London city and W1.
post #10 of Old 08-09-2008, 12:38 AM

Cleaning offices is easy. Just need the basic equipment. Vacuum (recommend Proteam SuperCoach), mop and bucket, glass cleaner, disinfectant, microfiber cloths, feather duster, no-scratch scrub pad, tooth brush, toilet brush, and toilet cleaner.

Finding clients is a bit more difficult, but once you have them, do whatever it takes to keep them. Customer service is top priority.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode