Keep Your Carpet Clean - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-27-2010, 05:47 AM Thread Starter

Keep Your Carpet Clean

In order to keep your carpet clean, it is important to vacuum regularly. This will help maintain the condition of your carpet. If you don't have kids or pets, vacuum at least once per week. If you have children or pets, your carpet will obviously get dirty more quickly. In this case, consider vacuuming every day or several times each week. It is important to have a good quality vacuum. If you buy inexpensive vacuums, you will replace them more often and spend more money in the long run. If you have allergies, consider vacuums with a HEPA filter. If you truly do not like to vacuum, consider a robotic vacuum that does the job by itself. Regardless of how it happens, vacuuming regularly helps keep debris, dirt, and pet hair from getting embedded in your carpet.

Even when you are vacuuming regularly, accidents happen. Liquids will get spilled, dirt will get embedded, and carpeting will begin to show its age. When you are unhappy with the condition of your carpeting, one of the best things you can do is to use a steam cleaner. This will remove much of the ground-in dirt and debris, and leave your carpet looking much better. If you aren't interested in buying a steam cleaner, they are available to rent at most hardware stores. If you don't have children or pets, you should plan to steam clean your carpet once or twice each year. If you have children or pets, consider steam cleaning your carpet three or four times each year to remove stains and dirt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-17-2010, 05:01 AM

I clean my carpet on daily basis. Carpet cleaning is very important for your home floor looking good and attractive. I have a dog but I don't let on my room carpet because their urine odor cannot be removed completely.

Best Regards,
post #3 of Old 02-22-2010, 01:36 PM

Can anyone recomend a stain repellant treatment good for a commercial area?
Is Scotch guard really the best stuff out there and is it a good buy?
We have a very high traffic area that is next to mechanical space. The carpet gets grease and grime pounded into it often.
I just know our usual supplier will charge me an arm and a leg for some generic crap he gets a good deal on.
Whats the best stuff out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-10-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbpack View Post
I clean my carpet on daily basis. Carpet cleaning is very important for your home floor looking good and attractive. I have a dog but I don't let on my room carpet because their urine odor cannot be removed completely.

Best Regards,
me too, i don't let my pet dogs play on my carpet.the last my dog urinate on my carpet, i found a hard time removing it's odor..
post #5 of Old 03-27-2010, 02:21 AM

Vacuum often. That dirt-damaged carpet also stains more easily, so keep the dirt out and you'll have fewer stains.
Take off your shoes. Isn't it nice to sit down on your carpet without wondering what was dragged across it on the bottoms of shoes?
Put a mat outside the front door, and a rug inside the entrance. This will catch some of the dirt coming in, before it makes it to the carpet.

Truck Mount Carpet Cleaning

Regular cleaning by a professional will get your carpet cleaner than you can ever hope to get it by yourself. How often you need you to get your carpet leaned depends on whether you remove shoes in the house, how often you vacuum, and environmental factors. The latter has to do with smokers in the house, dusty streets, children and muddy yards. In any case, some regular cleaning by a professional will prolong the life of your carpet and make your home a healthier place.
post #6 of Old 09-14-2010, 06:57 AM

Yes,it is necessary to care the carpets on the regular basis if you want to extend its life. Regular vacuuming is needed to remove all the dust particle and bacteria from carpet and to remove hard stains which you can not remove at home,please consult expert professional cleaners. Doing this will help you a lot.

Thanks,
professional carpet cleaning Chester and carpet cleaning Franchise
post #7 of Old 09-14-2010, 08:31 AM

I just vacuum it regularly and remove stains at the moment they happen cause it's easier. And of course twice an year hire a cleaner for steam cleaning. These are the things I'm doing....

post #8 of Old 09-14-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanLee View Post
I just vacuum it regularly and remove stains at the moment they happen cause it's easier. And of course twice an year hire a cleaner for steam cleaning. These are the things I'm doing....
I agree with you. I think this is the best you can do for your carpet. This will prolong your carpet's life.
post #9 of Old 09-14-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly Wolly View Post
I agree with you. I think this is the best you can do for your carpet. This will prolong your carpet's life.
How often should I clean my carpet? Do i have to vacuum it every day?

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
post #10 of Old 09-15-2010, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Dupont View Post
How often should I clean my carpet? Do i have to vacuum it every day?
I think once or twice a week is enough
post #11 of Old 09-15-2010, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-fly View Post
I think once or twice a week is enough
Me too...

post #12 of Old 09-15-2010, 07:39 AM

I agree with you. There's no need to vacuum every day. It is exhausting and unnecessary.
post #13 of Old 09-17-2010, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpet Cleaning View Post
In order to keep your carpet clean, it is important to vacuum regularly. This will help maintain the condition of your carpet. If you don't have kids or pets, vacuum at least once per week. If you have children or pets, your carpet will obviously get dirty more quickly. In this case, consider vacuuming every day or several times each week. It is important to have a good quality vacuum. If you buy inexpensive vacuums, you will replace them more often and spend more money in the long run. If you have allergies, consider vacuums with a HEPA filter. If you truly do not like to vacuum, consider a robotic vacuum that does the job by itself. Regardless of how it happens, vacuuming regularly helps keep debris, dirt, and pet hair from getting embedded in your carpet.

Even when you are vacuuming regularly, accidents happen. Liquids will get spilled, dirt will get embedded, and carpeting will begin to show its age. When you are unhappy with the condition of your carpeting, one of the best things you can do is to use a steam cleaner. This will remove much of the ground-in dirt and debris, and leave your carpet looking much better. If you aren't interested in buying a steam cleaner, they are available to rent at most hardware stores. If you don't have children or pets, you should plan to steam clean your carpet once or twice each year. If you have children or pets, consider steam cleaning your carpet three or four times each year to remove stains and dirt.
Nice information. Cleaning the carpet will still depend on the the look of the carpet. When you see that there are dirt on it or set a schedule for cleaning.
post #14 of Old 09-20-2010, 01:41 AM

The best thing for your carpets in vacuuming regularly. Over cleaning can unbalance the ph in your carpet if not rinsed properly.
post #15 of Old 09-20-2010, 01:41 AM

post #16 of Old 09-20-2010, 05:51 PM

I also find that vacuuming regularly maintains my carpet basically on its own, i only steam clean once every few months
post #17 of Old 10-07-2010, 05:15 AM

Regular cleaning by vacuum is recommended for carpets as a part of do-it-yourself activity. However, if you have toddler and pets at home, you may want to consider the health implications carpet can have on you and your family. Therefore it is advisable to give it for special treatment like carpet steam cleaning or the like, whichever is suitable for your fabric type.

Here are some DIY tips to cleaning carpets for the nasty stains from pets
post #18 of Old 10-07-2010, 09:16 AM

If you have time and want, vacuum your carpet everyday . I vacuum my carpets every Saturday.

post #19 of Old 10-07-2010, 05:57 PM

I personally think for the most part Scotchguard is the best carpet stain repellant for commercial use. One of it's drawbacks as opposed to Stainmaster though is that Scotchguard must be re-applied occasionally after a carpet is steam cleaned.
post #20 of Old 10-12-2010, 10:49 AM

Regular vacuum is important but if you have toddlers it should be done more often.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode