Microfiber Mops - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-18-2010, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Question Microfiber Mops

Hi guys,

First time poster here. I'm posting on behalf of http://www.rubbermaidcommercialproducts.com trying to get some information about the use of microfiber in the cleaning industry.

Microfiber mops have been around for awhile now, but they seem to be slow to catch on. This is most likely because using traditional cotton mops is such an ingrained habit at this point, and changing the standard is difficult to do. So do you use microfiber mops? If not, have you tried them and decided against them or do you hesitate to try?

If you are using microfiber mops, what is your opinion of them versus traditional mops? There are several good articles detailing the benefits of a microfiber mop, including cost benefits. Do you find yourself saving money with microfiber?

Hope to get some good answers here. Thanks for all your input!

Regards,
Matthias
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-19-2010, 08:09 AM

Morning Matthias,

I use the microfiber system in my medical/hospital settings on a daily basis. Its great system to use if you have a lot of microfiber heads. They need to be changed after each use as youll only spread and move dirt around once they are soiled. Benefits to using, them for me, is the floors dont get soaked (which is important if youre working around an active environment). However, the heavy mop is still there for, well, heavy mopping. Ultimately, I still use both systems. As far as cost, I havent analyzed that yet, but Ill guess that being able to launder them (both mop heads and microfiber heads) youll be able to save on both ends.
post #3 of Old 07-15-2010, 12:06 AM

The advatage of Microfiber Mops are less work-expansive than conventional mops, virtually eliminate cross-contamination during janitorial task and drastically reduce chemical and water while cleaning more effectively.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-17-2010, 04:18 PM

Commercial cleaning with micro-fiber mops

Here are some tidbits regarding micro-fiber mops:

"Microfibers are densely constructed polyester and polyamide (nylon) fibers that are approximately 1/16 the size of a human hair. The density of the material enables it to hold six times its weight in water, making it more absorbent than a conventional cloth or mop.

Additionally, the positively charged microfibers attract dust, which has a negative charge, and tiny fibers are able to penetrate the microscopic surface pores of any material. These characteristics make microfiber an effective dusting or mopping material."

- Quotes from http://www.greencleaninstitute.com/
post #5 of Old 12-15-2010, 12:09 PM

Cleaning your home or office with micro fiber mops.

Microfiber is used in many professional cleaning applications, for example in mops and cleaning cloths. Although microfiber mops cost more than non-microfiber mops, they may be more economical because they last longer and require less effort to use.

Microfiber textiles designed for cleaning clean on a microscopic scale. According to tests using microfiber materials to clean a surface leads to reducing the number of bacteria by 99%, whereas a conventional cleaning material reduces this number only by 33%. Microfiber cleaning tools also absorb fat and grease and their electrostatic properties give them a high dust-attracting power. Hope I helped.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode