my name is bryan and eager to improve my trade - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-25-2015, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

my name is bryan and eager to improve my trade

i strip and finish tile floors nightly at wally world lol learned as i went did some homework and turns out im pretty good at it and i like taking something that looks bad and bringing that bran new shine back you can see your hard work in the end but i have never stripped ceramic before i tested a small area with water and a black pad with side to side usually use a scrubber but side to side for offices and small corners but anyway it turned the tile white would repeated rinses help this go away boss says wax i say no wax and also should i use a stripper or a heavy floor cleaner like prominence any input is greatly appreciated this is something i plan on doing for a long time eager to learn anything and everything on floor cleaning and finishing but alot of pro tips dont help in some cases i have 6 1/2 hours to do around 25x50 area and larger sometimes with 4 coats wax min 6 if i have extra time with a hour to hour 1/2 dry time previous guy would never pick all stripper up and rinse floor with adding up to 12 coats over all that unremoved wax and dried stripper so i had a ruff time shining it back up but i have the best floors in the district now but i see every mistake i made even if they dont
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-26-2015, 02:26 AM

I'm of no help since I don't do floors but I'm happy to see you so excited! Keep up the good work!

If no one answers you, I can get the answers you need sometime this week from a floor professional. But hopefully someone here can help you.
post #3 of Old 04-26-2015, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the reply i always try and do a 110% on my work so im ready to soak all the info up i possible can and I am actually doing the job now sitting here looking at the grayish white in the corner I can't seem to get to go away I used a side to side with heavy floor cleaner tried brown,black pad and plain brushes looks nice the white spot can easily be hidden unfortunately I only have cement sealer and I would die if someone put that on my shiny floor lol they love the finished product so sealer order placed : )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-27-2015, 06:18 AM

good to hear someone is still as excited as you are to improve in this business. everyone else seems to be searching for easier ways out. there are only few floor experts here in this forum though it might take a while.
post #5 of Old 04-28-2015, 11:34 AM

Find a niche and research your neighborhood before opening a cleaning business. Also take advice from the owner of a cleaning service company. Get in touch with your customers, understand their likes and dislikes and make it a point to get their feedback.
post #6 of Old 04-28-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmatheka View Post
Find a niche and research your neighborhood before opening a cleaning business. Also take advice from the owner of a cleaning service company. Get in touch with your customers, understand their likes and dislikes and make it a point to get their feedback.

I think ol' robertmatheka better stay off what ever it is he is drinking or smoking.

Tags
ceramic tile cleaning , floor care , floor finishing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode