need floor cleaning tips - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-17-2010, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
HHH

need floor cleaning tips

Dear Frens,

Need some help on floor cleaning, can someone provide me a list of chemicals used on different types of floor such has marble, hard stone floor, woodenfloor. How do i find out wheather the floor has been sealed or not, if the floor has been sealed can i use hot water mop over it
Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-30-2010, 08:03 PM

try the green cleaning stuff its good to your house cleaning and for you... its very effective I used it almost 5 years!

http://www.cleaningcleaner.com

Love mother nature? Eco Friendly Cleaning Now!
post #3 of Old 08-31-2010, 08:16 AM

Why you don't use environment friendly products. They are even more effective.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-31-2010, 10:01 AM

There are a lot of green cleaning products nowadays. And they are really effective.
post #5 of Old 08-31-2010, 10:19 AM

Green cleaning is COOL. I feel very proud of my green cleaning home strategy

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
post #6 of Old 08-31-2010, 10:21 AM

post #7 of Old 09-01-2010, 08:34 AM

Hm, where to begin. I enjoy recycling, I clean only with soap, soda, vinegar and dish washer. What else....

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
post #8 of Old 09-02-2010, 01:55 AM

I doubt you are cleaning the floor with dish washer. Just kidding. I've never tried to clean the floor with vinegar by the way.
post #9 of Old 09-02-2010, 02:50 AM

Cleaning with green products sounds great , but are all of green products good for all kinds of floors. Vinegar is ok for tiles or laminate floors, but is it ok for wooden floors

post #10 of Old 09-02-2010, 03:43 AM

This is mine non-toxic floor cleaning solution is ľ of a cup of mild liquid dishwashing detergent added to a bucket of warm water (for damp mopping).

For scuff marks use a sprinkle of baking soda on a damp sponge and rub.
post #11 of Old 09-02-2010, 10:22 AM

I think a gadget like these vacuum shoes can do the cleaning job.
http://tips.cleaninghouselondon.co.u...acuuming-shoes

Best Regards
post #12 of Old 09-07-2010, 02:07 AM

Well,you still need to put it on your feet, so it's not doing the job by itself. But it looks pretty comfortable and I would try one of these.
post #13 of Old 09-08-2010, 06:02 PM

In regards to how to tell if the floor has been sealed the way to check for tile floors is to look at the grout.
The grout will stain extremely easily if it has not been sealed. Especially with a light colored grout.
post #14 of Old 09-08-2010, 06:05 PM

For wood floors run your hand over the floor surface. Can you feel the wood grain? If so, the finish is probably a penetrating finish. Another test is to select an inconspicuous area and attempt to smudge the floor surface with a finger tip, or scrape the surface with a fingernail or sharp instrument. If the floor smudges but no clear material is scraped up, then the finish is likely a penetrating finish.
post #15 of Old 09-09-2010, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floor_Guy View Post
For wood floors run your hand over the floor surface. Can you feel the wood grain? If so, the finish is probably a penetrating finish. Another test is to select an inconspicuous area and attempt to smudge the floor surface with a finger tip, or scrape the surface with a fingernail or sharp instrument. If the floor smudges but no clear material is scraped up, then the finish is likely a penetrating finish.
Good info. Gotta check my floor. I hope I have a penetrating finish.

Best Regards
post #16 of Old 09-09-2010, 03:04 AM

Thank's Flooor_Guy. Very helpful advices. Can you tell somethig about laminate floor.

post #17 of Old 09-09-2010, 09:38 AM

Re:laminate floors

For cleaning laminate floors I use a good mop with a thick removable microfiber pad, a bucket of hot water and a few drops of dish soap. I use a regular dish detergent (not the ones for dry hands with lotion in it). You only need a couple drops. Your water will not be full of suds. Just watery with a few bubbles here and there. Make sure to wring the pad out well and there won't be any streaking.
post #18 of Old 09-09-2010, 10:05 AM

It looks like you know a lot about floors. And what about carpets? How often is OK to clean my carpet?
post #19 of Old 09-10-2010, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly Wolly View Post
It looks like you know a lot about floors. And what about carpets? How often is OK to clean my carpet?
As often as it gets dirty.

Best Regards
post #20 of Old 09-10-2010, 03:28 AM

I know that. I clean it at least twice a week. But I mean how often do I need to call professional carpet cleaning service to clean it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode