Need help bidding on 11,500 sq ft medical office - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

Old 03-11-2014, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Need help bidding on 11,500 sq ft medical office

Hi everyone! I need some major help. I was asked to quote basic cleaning service for a medical office building that is apprx 11,500 sq ft (mostly carpet about 25 % or less commercial vinyl tile). It has 4 patient bathrooms single w/1 toilet and sink each) and then one full bathroom with tile shower, sink and toilet). There are approximately 3-4 lounge/waiting areas with small kitchenettes, plus an additional 35 doctor's offices/conference rooms, copy rooms, ect. 1 reception area, and reception desk area.

Their current provider is supplying all paper products and soaps, but they didn't have a list for me of current items regularly ordered or how much they order on a monthly basis.

Their current provider provides very basic service - vacuuming/mopping, stocking toiletries, cleaning bathrooms of all these areas and offices. They are unhappy because they have NOT been wiping kitchenette areas, are missing trash cans, and don't seem to be mopping often at all.

They want a quote for DAILY service of said items 5 times per week.

I specialize in residential cleaning, so have no idea how to start. Do I ask the manager for current receipts of products ordered on a monthly basis to meet their current paper/soap product needs?

The lady during the walkthrough didn't seem to know too much :-/

I'd love to have this account, but don't want to low ball myself either.

Any advice on bidding and supplies would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

PS I am in Columbus, Ohio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 07:07 PM

I would assume approx. 4 hours per cleaning per night to perform full cleaning including cleaning kitchen tables, dusting, mopping, etc. I would be around $1,795.00 per month plus other supplies. You would be able to ballpark guess that if you checked on the exact type of toilet tissue and paper towels that they use. If Cfold towels, household style toilet tissue and pink soap gallons or generic bagged soap for dispensers, that would be one price. If instead they use Gojo soap, Georgia Pacific toilet tissue and rolled towels then you would be looking at higher prices. Need to see what supplies they are using now?
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
Old 03-12-2014, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Jahra. Is your price based on 4 hours per night for one cleaning technician or 2? There's no way possible for one person to clean a place that large in 4 hours lol.

I tried to break down your math - if I read it correctly, using only 4 man hours per night, (which I don't think is possible) the hourly wage is only roughly $20/hour GROSS. How do I make money in commercial cleaning this way?? Im confused.

Please help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2014, 01:47 AM

I am saying 4 total hours per night of cleaning. Either 1 person for 4 hours or 2 people for 2 hours. I could clean it myself in 3 hours if you wanted to make a wager on it! What's so bad with $20.00 per hour? If you kept your labor costs to even $14.00 per hour you would be making $6.00 per hour profit. Based on 22 cleanings per month and 88 hours per month, your labor cost would be $1,232.00 per month and you would make $563.00 per month on billing price of $1,795.00 per month. Get the costs down to $13.00 per hour and you will make $651.00 per month or over a 36% profit. That will pay for your Mercedes payment!
Peter Weiss
www.totalservices.org
Old 03-13-2014, 04:59 AM

I clean a medical office(surgery center). It's about 11k. The only difference is I clean the operating room side. It takes me 2.5 hours and I get $2225.00 per month @ 5 days a week.
Again, the difference could be what I clean, state Im in and their belief that it takes 4-5 hours because of the past cleaning company.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:57 AM

Yes, a surgical center requires a much more detailed cleaning including of operating rooms. In one's we clean we need to dismantle the OR tables to clean the pads and platforms. To terminally clean a room takes much more time then cleaning other medical offices. We also clean a facility of your size and I charge $2,695.00 but supply paper goods and garbage bags.
Peter Weiss
www.totalservices.org
Old 12-16-2018, 07:11 PM

45000 sq foot medical facility

We need help with bidding a medical clinic that is approximately 45000 square foot. 70 Dr offices and exam rooms combined. 70% carpet the rest tile. 8 smaller bathrooms 2 larger 3 stall bathrooms. Looking for basic cleaning duties, not responsible for any bio-hazard. Current company is putting in about 16 man hours a shift 5 days a week, and 8 total man hours for Sat and Sun. Biggest bid we have had to put together. Any advice or ideas would be great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in