Need help bidding on an initial/deep commercial clean - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-02-2010, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Need help bidding on an initial/deep commercial clean

I used to do vacation rentals and residences. I have recently gotten a couple of post construction jobs and now I am bidding on a 2500 sq ft. office building that also used to be a barn way back when...it's extremely dusty and hasn't been cleaned good in over a year. There are 5 offices, 2 reception desks, 2 bathrooms, & one "kitchen" with a fridge, microwave, & toaster oven. There is also a fax/copier room, two meeting areas with tables, two fireplaces & a storage area with shelves & all of their marketing materials. It's all hardwood floor except two small areas. This place is a real estate development office so it needs to be really spic & span. I'm having trouble coming up with a number for my bid. The people that did do it over a year ago charged $400 but it seems low for everything to be done...

Any ideas?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-08-2010, 09:47 AM

The easiest way would be to estimate the time to clean x # of workers x company work rate (this includes supplies, admin costs, etc) = total price. $400 seems to low if the building has not been maintained/cleaned in over a year. It may take you 4 hours or more to clean. If its a team of 2 then that is 8 total hours x company work rate = bid price.

Hope this helps.

Barrett
Cleaning Concierge, LLC
Green Commerical & Residential Cleanings
Serving Greater New Orleans, La Area

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode