need help with job estimate - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-09-2008, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

need help with job estimate

i recently went to do a estimate on a daycare center. (stripping and waxing) right now she has a hallway she wants done first, its about 160ft long and about 8ft wide i'm in new york on long island if that matters, anyways i priced it at $650.00 strip and wax (4 coats) if you can give me feedback it would really help, i waiting for her to give me a call back so i'm just looking for other prices from other people thanks alot and hopefully you guys can help...thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-09-2008, 10:45 PM

way way to high where i live.

what do you charge, fifty cents per sq. ft?

those day care centers are really cheap.

even in NY she probably is looking to pay a lot less.
post #3 of Old 08-10-2008, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

thanks for feedback

where are you from? or what do you charge sqft? i didn't think 50 cents was that bad, i didn't want to low ball myself...thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-10-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Equipped Cleaning View Post
where are you from? or what do you charge sqft? i didn't think 50 cents was that bad, i didn't want to low ball myself...thanks.
Massachusetts / Rhode Island line

The most I have ever charged was .30 per sq. ft. and that is because I could.

They needed me on the spot.
post #5 of Old 08-11-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigclean View Post
Massachusetts / Rhode Island line

The most I have ever charged was .30 per sq. ft. and that is because I could.

They needed me on the spot.
Are you including the cost of chemicals? I think .40-.50/sq. ft. is reasonable if its sub 1,000 sq. ft. (if chemicals are included).
post #6 of Old 08-11-2008, 11:27 AM

When it comes to professional cleaning services, price is just an excuse, and never a reason. What have you done to get this cleaning prospect invested into the discussion before you quoted the price? Have you gone over to see the layout of the location? I never discuss money over the phone without first seeing the location I'm expected to clean because that's how you end up with unpleasant surprises.

You always wind up underquoting or overquoting. One of our smaller customers is a massage therapy clinic with dozens of small rooms with lots of tricky furniture. I'm glad I didn't quote that customer over the phone for my cleaning services.
post #7 of Old 08-11-2008, 11:45 AM

She could have had me @ $300 including chem. Besides that hallways are cake, we try to stick around .20 and thats the average ive seen talking with several people from different states.
post #8 of Old 08-11-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAllCleanTeam View Post
Are you including the cost of chemicals? I think .40-.50/sq. ft. is reasonable if its sub 1,000 sq. ft. (if chemicals are included).
I have noticed people on this site talk a lot about chemicals as if they are expensive.

A job that size is about 1/4 of a gallon of stripper which costs about $4.50.

The wax would cost no more than $20 for an area that size using good quality wax.

The only thing I can tell you is call the daycare and talk to the person you quoted.

If she went with someone else ask her if price was an issue, how much she paid, and if she liked how it came out.

99% of the time I quote on the spot I get hired on the spot.
post #9 of Old 08-11-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoncleaning View Post
When it comes to professional cleaning services, price is just an excuse, and never a reason. What have you done to get this cleaning prospect invested into the discussion before you quoted the price? Have you gone over to see the layout of the location? I never discuss money over the phone without first seeing the location I'm expected to clean because that's how you end up with unpleasant surprises.

You always wind up underquoting or overquoting. One of our smaller customers is a massage therapy clinic with dozens of small rooms with lots of tricky furniture. I'm glad I didn't quote that customer over the phone for my cleaning services.

yea but if you are given a certain budget and someone quotes you twice as much as everyone else which i think is the case in this situation no matter how good you come off 9 out of 10 times you will not get the job.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode