Need a mentor.... Estimate for job help??? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-18-2016, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Need a mentor.... Estimate for job help???

My partner and I started our cleaning business about 2 years ago. We do post construction clean up for new houses.

Recently we did post construction clean up for a corporation. It was a big job and since we did such a good job they have since hired us to do their nightly office cleanings. We were pretty much told what we were going to make so I didn't have to bid which is ok because we never thought our business would be taking us in this direction so it's a good opportunity for us.

Last week we were given the opportunity to price an office move in/out job is what I call it. We have to shampoo carpets and buff and/or wax tile. We have never done either but the project manager thinks this is a great opportunity for us and we should give it a try. Here are the details and I was wondering if anyone could give me any guidance? Not sure if this type of work is priced per service or a rate per square foot?

9000 sq ft carpet to clean
1000 sq ft tile to wax
35 windows to clean (they are pretty big but I know that won't take to long, approx 4ft x 4ft)
Aluminum blinds that are dusty and some have spots which will require wiping them.
Kitchen frig and cabinets cleaned
Copy room cabinets cleaned

That's pretty much it. It doesn't look dirty at all but I assume its protocol to have cleaned up for new tenant. Its open space except for a few large conference rooms. Never cleaned carpet so not sure how long it takes???

We priced out renting equipment. Its just my partner and I doing the work. WE want the job but I don't want to overprice or underprice the job.

Any feedback, guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-18-2016, 12:54 PM

We might price strip and wax at $0.35 per sq.ft. with minimum of $495.00 and carpet cleaning at $0.18 per sq.ft. so $1,620.00 or $1,595.00 to make it look better on paper. I would use a subcontractor and watch what he is doing so you can learn from it and still should make about 30% profit for yourselves. Window washing at $5.00 per side should be fair so approx. $350.00. The smaller items you should be able to place a price on.

Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode