Needing Some Advice ASAP Please... - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-25-2014, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation Needing Some Advice ASAP Please...

Hello All. I am hoping someone sees this soon. I am new to this forum and to the biz. I was volunteered by my mother-in-law to help her expand her cleaning company. She's been cleaning for over 20 years but mainly does residential and small commerical properties. She was told to submit a proposal for a HUGE account but she is totally clueless and so am I. I tried doing some research but didn't find much detailed information and she is wanting me to type up proposal today. We were 5 hours last night trying to do it but the numbers seem completely wrong! Here are my questions and concerns and I am hoping someone with some fair experience could give me some advice. Thank you.

1. How much would be a fair price to charge per square foot for a 13 floor office building in the Miami, FL area. With over 80,000 sq.ft. of cleaning area, 23 bathrooms, break room etc... plus a 5 story garage. They want everything cleaned (basics, plus computers, phones, inside windows, garage area etc...) 5 days a week in the evenings after they close. (The rate she was asking seems insanely high so I know the numbers must be wrong.)

2. Would this fee be daily, weekly or monthly?

3. The office building wants quotes with and without supplies. They would like her to supply ALL of the sanitary supplies for the entire building! So enough toilet paper for 23 bathrooms, paper towels, soap etc... She has never had to do this before and is unsure how to go about it.

4. How many people do you think it would take to clean that many floors and square footage in about 6 hours or so? She was wanting to have 10 ladies but I was thinking that may be too many. Thoughts?

Appreciate any help I can get! This has me very overwhelmed and stressed out since I have no experience in this type of thing and am trying to help her. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-26-2014, 01:33 AM

Just to point you in the right direction:
- 80,000 sq.ft. should take on average of 16 hours per night for one person. The more detailed work needed the longer it will take.
- Should price in the range of $.10 - $.13 per sq.ft. priced monthly or $8,000.00 - $9,600.00 per month, not including paper supplies. 23 bathrooms is a large number of bathrooms as we have cleaned 100,000 sq.ft. buildings with 8-10 bathrooms so extra time and money should be included for that.
- Your guess is as good as mine with the supplies as it depends on the grade of paper supplies used. En Motion towels dispensers cost $57.00 per case of paper but generic can be $20.00 per case. You're looking somewhere around $1,000.00 per month for supplies depending on the number of people in the building.
- Definitely a monthly fee.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #3 of Old 08-27-2014, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Smile Thank you!

Thank you very much for replying! I was getting worried cause not one reply out of 53 views lol. I appreciate your help.

Tags
cleaning , commercial , pricing , proposal , supplies

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode