New Commercial Cleaning Company in need of help - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-01-2013, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

Question New Commercial Cleaning Company in need of help

Hello I just opened my business and I am going to give a proposal for a 2500 sq ft medical building. First off a little about myself I am 22 years old and a family member of mine owns a commercial cleaning company in the area and i cant get in touch with them that leads me here but anyways i worked for them ever since i was old enough to be able to and i finally decided to give it a shot myself i can do the job just don't have so much experience from the "business" stand point i have called around places trying to get a rate in my area and have come up unsuccessful. anyways i did some numbers and came up with a price of $750 for five days a week and it has two bathrooms i get the supplies for the client but send them a separate invoice at the end of the month for redemption of them. Does anyone think this price is far? any advice? anyone around east Tennessee specifically the Johnson city area that could offer rate advice? any input will be gladly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-03-2013, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

anyone? any advice? please?
post #3 of Old 03-03-2013, 03:08 AM

It's pretty tough to just guess a price because you included very little information. Are the two bathroom single fixtures or multiple ones? Do you clean all of the desks at every cleaning or never? Is the 2,500 sq.ft all vinyl tile or mostly carpeting? Is it filled with interior glass to maintain or none? It's not just putting a price to sq.footage.
Give me some info man, and I'll get you some range of pricing!
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-03-2013, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

the two bathrooms just have the basics a toilet sink soap and paper towel dispensers one of everything. basically feather dust the desks every night and polish once a week. its literally all vinyl and the only interior glass is two slide glasses at the waiting room. sorry for not including enough info thanks for your help
post #5 of Old 03-04-2013, 03:29 AM

I would think around 2 hours per night to clean or 44 hours per month. Depends how desperate you are to get some business and build some good references to grow upon. I would be around $895.00 - $995.00 per month but if you might be in different situation then myself. If $750.00 works for you then they are getting a very good price.
Good luck!
Peter Weiss
www.totalservices.org
post #6 of Old 03-18-2013, 11:29 AM
SD1

I could see it taking 2 hours the first night, but that is a pretty small area to clean 5x week. I would bet you will get the actual labor down to an hour and I think even $750 might be a little high. You can always be honest and tell them your work history and that this is your first contract and ask them what they are paying. I will use a line like "If your current fee schedule is acceptable to you and it is a profitable amount for me, I will assume it" which is just a round about way of saying "what are you paying now"

If it is 2500 sq/ft of a small waiting room and 8 exam rooms all with sinks then maybe it would take you 2 hours. But otherwise that is dead ass slow for that amount of sgft.
post #7 of Old 03-18-2013, 07:51 PM

If you are a good salesman for your business then you wouldn't start your pricing at $750.00 per month or lower. You would find areas needing improvement and realize that this is a medical office as compared to regular office space. It has vinyl tile which means it all needs to be swept and mopped properly as opposed to a quick touch up vacuuming job. I would absolutely be at $995.00 per month on this job and see them on how our service will correct current issues and how we will keep them happy long term. You can always lower your price if needed. If you sell your service as the cheapest then you are throwing away profits.
Peter Weiss
www.totalservices.org
post #8 of Old 03-28-2013, 09:07 AM
J4K

At 2 hours per night of cleaning, your production rate would only be 1,250 sq feet per hour. This is very low, even for a medical building. You could bid it at this price and hope to get it, but chances are someone will come along in the future and under bid you, and in this day and age price is important as are other qualities. Good luck.
post #9 of Old 04-14-2013, 06:49 PM

Maybe call competitors in your carpet cleaning business and ask what they would charge.
post #10 of Old 04-30-2013, 09:33 AM

that's what we did when we did when first started out - rang round a few competitors to see what they charged - there was quite a large price difference. has to be reasonable and if you charge pre square feet it can add to be too much ...
post #11 of Old 05-02-2013, 12:56 PM

Commercial School Cleaning

I am going through the same thing, I need help bad. I need help with a proposal for a newly built school, it is still under construction and we are needed to do the final clean. The school all together is 40,000 square feet and I really need to know how much to charge per square foot and on top of that we need to use all green products which we already do. It's basically alot of different floor care service. Please help
post #12 of Old 06-19-2013, 06:28 AM

I think 750 is a good price I am pretty sure my company would be a little bit more expensive but build up that client list at the start I would of done that job for cheaper

Hello my name is Hugh Armstrong and I work for a company called Champion Cleaning Services who provide cleaning services in Warrington, carpet cleaning in Warrington & commercial cleaning in Warrington.
post #13 of Old 06-20-2013, 09:55 PM

It is always better to inspect the whole place and then quote the price according to the job on proper conditions laid before starting to give the service. It helps in providing better service with simpler efforts and the customer also does not feel uncertain about the payments.
post #14 of Old 06-23-2013, 06:44 AM

Commercial Cleaners Warrington

For a great list of Commercial Cleaners Warrington look know further as this is a great list of Commercial Cleaners Warrington

Also for more Commercial Cleaners in Warrington view these Business Directories
listings as there is some quality Cleaning Companies

UK Business Mate
post #15 of Old 06-23-2013, 06:46 AM

Great Cleaning Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewWilliam View Post
It is always better to inspect the whole place and then quote the price according to the job on proper conditions laid before starting to give the service. It helps in providing better service with simpler efforts and the customer also does not feel uncertain about the payments.
great cleaning company
post #16 of Old 06-23-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav11 View Post
great cleaning company
geat
post #17 of Old 06-23-2013, 06:48 AM

Cleaning is my passion
post #18 of Old 06-23-2013, 06:49 AM

Cleaning makes me happy
post #19 of Old 06-23-2013, 06:49 AM

whi is the best cleaning company
post #20 of Old 06-23-2013, 06:50 AM

what is the best cleaning methods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode