New To Office Cleaning - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-07-2008, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

New To Office Cleaning

Well we have been doing residential cleaning now for almost and year. We have been able to hire 3 almost fulltime employees. We have now started to get asked to id on commercial contracts, typically offices. We have bid on almost 30 so far and only landed 3. This seems very low to me. Today I got a call back from one of the quotes to let me know they went with someone else. During this conversation I was able to get her to answer a few questions for me. She told be that there was only $5/week difference between us and the winning bid. She said that the things she didn't like where that we did not walk around and take mesurements and that our proposal did not seem very professional or detailed enough. Now the measurement thing. Is this something that is typically done? The proposal letter I have put below and would appreciated any critisism you may have or suggestions for future quotes. Of course this letter is printed on letterhead.

Also one lsat thing. When submittingthe bid what sort of information do you ubmit with it. I also send a company letter(also below) detailing a bit about our company, references, brochure and a copy of our insurance certificate.

Any help in this process would be greatly appreciated.

Tina

Quote:
Sept 30, 2008

Attn: Ann
Re: Cleaning Rate Quote
Ann,
Thank you for meeting with me today. I am please to offer you the following rate quote for the cleaning services at your business.
Address:
Some Business
The address
City, Prov, Postal
Services:
Sweeping and mopping of all tiled area in the copy rooms.
Attempt scuff removal on all floor areas.
Vacuum all hallways and offices including under desks.
Dusting of all desks, book shelves, picture frames and office equipment (including phones, fax machines, computer etc.)
Empty all refuse containers and replace bags as required.
Spot check and clean all walls and doors for dirty spots.

Clean and disinfect counter space, food preparation areas and equipment (eg microwave, toaster oven).
Wipe faces of all cupboards.

Rate:
$131.25 per week plus GST.
Billed Semi-Monthly Due Net 15.
Once again it was a pleasure meeting with you and if you have any questions regarding your quote please feel free to call me at 604-555-0123.

Yours Truly,

Tina
Tiny Tina’s Cleaning Services
Quote:
Tiny Tina’s Cleaning Services has been in business for a little under a year. We believe that customer service is the most important part of our business and our employees strive to ensure that we maintain our reputation.
Here at Tiny Tina’s we understand how important your business is and it is for that reason that we are fully Licensed, Insured and Bonded. All of our staff are employees and are not contracted labor. At Tiny Tina’s we take our hiring very seriously, all employees must have a criminal record check done prior to employment. This added step is here to add a level of security for both our business and yours.
Since opening many Abbotsford businesses have chosen Tiny Tina’s to provide cleaning services for their buildings. Some of the distinguished businesses using Tiny Tina’s are:

Business 1 Business 2
Business 3 Business 4

Tiny Tina’s is confident that we have the ability to satisfy your cleaning requirements. We look forward to doing business with you in the near future. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours Truly,

Tina
Tiny Tina’s Cleaning Services
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-30-2009, 02:41 PM

I personally think the measuring thing was to look impressive. With the economy like it is and depending on the size of the place your price is kind of high, but then I can't see the office you bid on or the area you are in. I have my own very small business (not cleaning) and also have had a cleaning job in the past. The client was honest with you in telling you what they didn't like. Can you find a copy of the way someone else's proposal sheets look at? Did you make them on your computer or have a print shop do them for you? You didn't mention anything about cleaning the bathrooms, mirrors or windows. Your hours of work such as when the office closes at 5PM you'll come in to clean or as a night crew etc. Your first impression will usually make or break it in the business world.
Just a few things to think about. Learn from the experience and move on. Good Luck in the future and don't give up!!!
post #3 of Old 02-02-2012, 11:30 PM

Old thread, but I had to post to this

Hello Tina (or who ever is still around reading this dated post),

As this is an old post, I'm not going to answer in depth. But I did see two red flags that can cause problems for a Commercial Cleaning Contractor.

The first item I noticed was your intent to clean the electronic equipment (i.e. computers). Many people in this business still have the mental (and financial) scars from when the client called furious about how we screwed up their computers. Often times the cleaning company is the scapegoat for an overdue project or a mistake that has all of a sudden came up missing on a computer. If we make clear in the beginning that we don't touch electronic equipment, the liars need to find another scapegoat for their mistakes. In addition, explaining to a prospect that you are aware of your liability in this area is a sales plus.

The second item was the obvious lack of a documented service schedule (daily, nightly, weekly, bi-monthly etc.).

Your intent sounds strong and I'm sure you will do well. Good luck with your new efforts!

- Thomas Anthony
Facility Support Services, FSS Support Site
Years from now they won't remember what you did. They probably won't remember what you said. They may not even remember your name. But I promise you... they will always remember exactly how you made them feel. - unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-02-2012, 03:33 AM

office cleaning is also a good way to earn smart amount by cleaning
post #5 of Old 09-21-2012, 04:56 AM

You have 1 year experience in the cleaning industry and guiding clients for residential, this is very good. In starting every person have to face difficulties in finding clients. You should pick local clients in starting may be they will not pay you much money but you will get trade lead from this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode