Office Cleaning - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-20-2013, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Office Cleaning

I would appreciate any help I can get. I was just offered to bid on 12239 sqft office building that needs to be cleaned 5 time a week. Building is a combination of tile and carpet but mostly carpet. Around 2200 sqft of tile and this is including bathrooms. It have 9 bathrooms that need to be cleaned daily. Im not sure how much to charge for this building. I don want to over bid but also do not want to underbid and find out I work for free. This is in St. Louis, MO area.

I would really appreciate any help I can get. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-20-2013, 07:46 PM

Pricing

I obviously would like to see it for myself to give a completely accurate quote but I would assume about 4 hours per night and the ballpark price of $1,795.00 per month.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #3 of Old 07-20-2013, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Not sure how you came up with that price but it would cost me that much to pay 2 people to clean it for me for a month. This is detail cleaning every night. Complete clean of bathrooms, vacuum office spaces, sweep and mop tile area, clean from and back glass doors, clean appliances. I don't see 2 people cleaning it in less than 5 hrs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-20-2013, 08:42 PM

Only you know what you are asked to do and what you saw. What appliances are you cleaning in a commercial office building? Are you saying it will take a total of 10 cleaning hours per night? 12,000 sq.ft building in my area I would be lucky to get $1,795.00 per month.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #5 of Old 07-27-2013, 01:33 PM

Its very difficult to give you exact rate for bidding but would like to know what products are you using for commercial office cleaning purpose. If possible try to use Janitorial Cleaning Supplies which also comes with the kits for best result, For more on this topic would request you to go through our line of product & place an order accordingly, visit us on http://mobilejanitorialsupply.com/.
post #6 of Old 07-28-2013, 03:14 PM

Hi am new to this buisness, i have this eye care building thats giving me the oportunity of giving them a price but i have no idea on how to price it out anything helps. is 3 story building 1st floor they have a waiting lobby+3 small waiting areas, 14 small rooms =6'by10' each and 5 personal restrooms, 2nd floor 2 small waiting rooms, 6 smalls rooms=6'by10' each and 2 personal restrooms, 3rd floor 1 small waiting room a big office with like 5 desks and 1 personal restroom, it needs 5 times a week service please anyone help
post #7 of Old 08-02-2013, 01:57 PM

Northstarcsllc,

I see this job taking 2 cleaners approximately 3.5 hrs per night for a total of 7-7.2 man hrs. For anything over 10,000 square feet on a 5 night per week basis, we'd bid on a price per square foot rather than an hourly rate. Taking into account the amount of work you're describing with a more detailed clean, I'd say somewhere around $2,440 per month.

Nu-Wave Cleaning
Serving Gloucester and Camden County NJ
www.nuwavecleaning.com
[email protected]
post #8 of Old 08-03-2013, 02:22 PM

Thanks eng84ine I appreciate your help but how do you came out with that price what's the math I should do and also let's say I have a 3500sq ft building and they only need basic cleaning 5 times a week lets say I charge them a flat rate of $0.06 per sq ft that will be 0.06 times 3500=210 per month or do I charge that per visit or is it all wrong
post #9 of Old 08-03-2013, 04:13 PM

HD Cleaning,
I had actually replied to Northstarcllc, but let me see if I can help. You have 20 6x10 rooms = 1,200 square feet. You state a waiting lobby, but not how large. Also, we need the dimensions of the small waiting rooms and bathrooms as well as the big office to begin to give you an idea for an accurate price. I normally bring a measuring wheel with me when I do walkthroughs so I can get accurate measurements that will help me when I sit down to do my bid. Also, I only charge by the square foot for building over 10,000 square feet that are being cleaned 5 days a week. Buildings smaller than that or less frequently are charged per hour. Another determining factor will be your area of the country. I am in the Northeast so that may make a difference.

As for the 3,500 square foot office 5 days per week. I must assume when you say basic cleaning, you mean trashing, dusting, bathrooms, sweep/mop hard surface floors and vacuuming. In order to determine this, again, you should try to break the building down by individual room size and the taks that need to be performed in each room. When you do this, you can than put a time to each task such as cleaning a toilet (maybe 2.5 mins), sink (2 mins), mopping a floor, etc and arrive at a time for cleaning that room. Then add all of the times together to arrive at a cleaning time for the building. For buildings you're doing 5 days a week, keep in mind there are certain tasks that won't need to be peformed every single day or will not take as long as if you were performing them once or twice a week. You can split the dusting up where you do certain areas each night, reducing your labor time and still having dusted the entire building by the end of the 5 days. Trash and bathrooms, most likely, will be performed everyday. Once you arrive at a time for cleaning the building each night, let's say 1.3 hours for arguments sake, you then multiply by your hourly rate which is determined by your labor costs, supplies, overhead, etc. Let's use $30/hr for example. $30/hr x 1.3 hrs per night 5x/week = $845. So your monthly charge would be $845 per month to this customer. Good luck!

Nu-Wave Cleaning
Serving Gloucester and Camden County NJ
www.nuwavecleaning.com
[email protected]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode