Please help need some advice... - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-06-2012, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Please help need some advice...

Hello all... to start I want to thank whoever is so kind to give me true sound advice. So I have been in business for a few months and I have had my share of jobs, residential and commercial. But today was the day of all days, I got a call to do a commercial building.

Here are the details:
3 floors, 30 suites
hardwood floors
2 conference rooms
6 bathrooms
basic cleaning-vacuum, sweep, mop
elevators only on friday
*Client wants it to be only 2-3 hours
Windows (not sure what they mean by that yet, could just be mirrors)

Now the thing is I have done a1 or 2 commercial locations before but those were one floor stores (Jewelery stores to be exact), and I charged by the sq ft plus shampooing carpet...

I need to have just an idea and gist of how I should intitally look to charge this new client. I dont wanna run them off, but I dont wanna get robbed or rob myself!

PLEASE SOMEONE ANYONE IF YOU CAN SPARE SOME ADVICE I WOULD APPRECIATE IT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-06-2012, 11:14 PM

You didn't mention how many days per week of cleaning?
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
post #3 of Old 11-07-2012, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

3 days week
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-07-2012, 01:16 AM

Not a good start when a customer wants all of that work done but says they only want to pay for 2 hours or so to clean it. You will need to sell them on why they should use your services although it will be a little bit higher then they were probably looking to spend. For 3 hours per night, if you think it can be done in that amount of time, I would charge approx. $795.00 per month.
Best of luck!
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #5 of Old 11-30-2012, 01:29 PM

Can't be done in that time frame, not even close. Very simple.
post #6 of Old 11-30-2012, 07:50 PM

For only 2-3 hours per night at a building that size being done 3x/wk, you're looking at emptying trash and vacuuming only and the bathrooms, no dusting. Windows would be something totally separate. I agree with jahra352, right around $800 per month.
post #7 of Old 12-04-2012, 10:58 AM

Properly pricing a client account is imperative to a successful business. You should always gauge your customer expectations for cleaning. Some clients expect a more thorough cleaning whereas some clients just want the basics done with occasional special clean up to save on budget. Knowing what a customer wants will help you to determine the price for your service.

At 3 times a week service and having to spend 3 hours per clean, you will be dedicating about 40 hours a month plus gas, supplies, insurance, etc. So once you have determined what your costs are, you can then determine what a fair profit should be.

Rick K.
Serv-U-Clean ltd. Toronto.
post #8 of Old 12-05-2012, 11:10 PM

That is a very short time frame, You charge pricerange would be around $600-$1000/mo , Jahra has a nice estimate for you.
post #9 of Old 12-07-2012, 11:56 AM

Indeed that is very short spell of time. You have to increase no. of workers and the charge estimation should be around $1 000. But not less then $700. That would be suitable for both of you.
post #10 of Old 02-16-2013, 05:46 AM

Starting a business requires planning procedure to be followed by looking over competitors' strategies in running the business as many a times even with less resources the proper start up of business can be done with moving towards the next step gradually.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode