Post Construction - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-07-2019, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Post Construction

Hello! I just finished a post construction clean of a new office building / warehouse in a small mid-west town.

Job included windows, vacuuming, mopping, baseboards, door and window frames, restrooms, counters, cupboards, stairways, some i-beams, etc...

10% of the work was on supplied lifts to reach the second floor.

Originally I priced it at 20 cents per sf. (12,000 s.f.) Expecting to complete job in one day. They had some complications with things that created more cleaning needs, plus they added more items to clean.

We ended up cleaning for the next 3 weekends. I need to adjust my price. At this time, I will need to price it out by the man hour instead of s.f.

I'm curious as to what a good hourly rate would be for this job?

The total man hours were around 100 with 32 of these hours being done by me.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-15-2019, 03:38 AM

So you made $24/hour if my calculations are correct?

You never want to quote construction cleanup by the sq'. It's a good start, but sq' doesn't take into account things in 3 dimensions, soil loads, and as you found out contractor complications which there always are on construction cleanup jobs when they race to the finish line to completion. It's every man for himself which results to every man in your way.

When additional work comes up and it wasn't part of the contract or if they need something cleaned again that was already cleaned you have to charge them with a change order.

Every market is different, but I'd be at least $65/hour depending on site conditions and scope of work.
post #3 of Old 08-30-2019, 09:52 AM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode