Post Office - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-18-2011, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Post Office

I need a little help....A local Post Office is accepting sealed bids for cleaning. There is little or no specific information in the ad. All it states is it needs to be cleaned Monday-Saturday between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm. And all bids should be submitted as an hourly rate.

I have no idea where to start on bidding this.

If anyone has any history with a Post Office I would really appreciate the help!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-02-2011, 02:28 PM

Post Office Cleaning

First of all, you need to determine the square footage. You can visit the post office and see the layout to estimate this. You can also use google earth. On google earth, you can measure the dimensions of the building. You know that it needs to be cleaning 5 days a week. You can use bidding charts putting in the square footage and the number of days a week it needs to be cleaned and it will tell you what the national averages are. Now keep in mind that this does not cover window cleaning and floor maintenance (i.e. stripping, waxing & buffing) so you will need to add this in to the bid. Beware, however that government bids usually go to the absolute lowest bidder and may not be worth having.

If you find out what the square footage is, I'll be happy to tell you what the national averages are. I think that the government averages are lower- around 5 cents a square foot per month!

Bremerton Office Cleaning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode