Pricing for Restaurant - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-16-2013, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Pricing for Restaurant

I have a Restaurant interested in receiving a quote. it's roughly 1,500-2,000 sf (wasn't able to get the approximate square footage).
Cleaning doesn't include the kitchen.

Includes:

Dining area with roughly 30 solid wood booths, and 10 marble top tables with about 40 chairs with leather upholstery, A bar, a foyer 2 small private bathrooms with mosaic tile and mirrored tiles on all 4 walls and 2 large private bathrooms with the same tiling. The grout is stained and the manager wants a treatment done to it every visit. The floors require a sweep and mop, and they are solid wood and marble. The light fixtures she wants detailed once a week and every other surface wiped down daily.

She wants me to give her two quotes, one excluding the windows, and one including the windows. The windows are 12 foot high and expand the length of the front of the restaurant -about 8 windows which are about 3 foot in width each. The foyer also has 2 glass doors.

She wants two people on the cleaning team as well. It's a wide open space, with 20 foot ceilings, so we have to use a ladder to reach the light fixtures and some areas for dusting. I estimated it would take about 1.5 hours to complete everything because she really put emphasis on detailing.

What should I quote for something like this for two people? One being without windows, and the other being with windows..I know the windows will take at least an hour because it's interior and exterior. She's supplying the cleaning chemicals, save for the grout cleaner.

Cleaning will be 6 days a week-3rd shift. My business usually operated from 8am-4pm. Should I take that 3rd shift into consideration for the quote?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-17-2013, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Do you think $475/week without windows and $575/week with windows is a good quote?
I figured it for 2 people 6 days a week
post #3 of Old 09-18-2013, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

O I got a reply from her. She asked if I'm flexible with the price because she pays her current cleaners $1170/ month.
She told me during the walkthrough that she wasn't satisfied with them & they were in and out in less than 30minutes a day. I know this place will take at least an hour rushing. I requoted her for $400/ week. I don't think its fair she wants to pay so little for 2 people & expects so much more... Am I charging to much? I'm in washington DC metro area
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-18-2013, 07:01 PM

You're not wrong at all! You know what needs to be done and the time it takes to clean it properly. I always thought the pricing for daycare centers and gyms were way too low until I started taking some restaurant appointments. Most are filthy and are spending way too little on their cleaning budgets. All of the Applebee's in my area are paying less then $1,750.00 per month for 7 x per week cleaning including the kitchen and you would never eat at one again if you went into their kitchens!
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #5 of Old 09-24-2013, 08:08 AM
J4K

I agree with Peter. The 2 hardest accounts we have ever done are daycares and restaurants. Restaurants take a lot of work and I tend to avoid them now.
post #6 of Old 09-24-2013, 09:28 PM

Restaurants

I'm with you J4K. We are now much more selective with restaurants after learning our lesson with trying to clean their kitchens at low prices. We now clean some restaurants needing front of house cleaning only which is much easier. We also clean one strip club but they serve no food. We have other more scary things to clean there, though!
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #7 of Old 09-24-2013, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Well, the lady seemed interested and told us she was going to try and have their budget raised after I re-quoted her, but I haven't heard back from her. She left me a voicemail stating she was out of town and would be back Sunday and call me then, but she didn't. I had already called her Friday. I'm awkward when it comes to calling people because I feel like I'm being too pushy..but should I call anyway to see if she's still deciding or not interested?

I'd be afraid to do stripclubs..iew..lol
post #8 of Old 09-24-2013, 11:49 PM

Just take a seat and relax!!
post #9 of Old 10-16-2013, 04:08 AM

ImMaidens,
It sounds to me like you've gone above and beyond to meet both her expectations and her budget. If she can't see the value in your service over what she's currently receiving then that's on her. Don't give in to price pressure just to land the account. As jahra said, it is alot of work keeping a restaurant clean and if you deserve to paid accordingly. Good luck!

Nu-Wave Cleaning
Serving Gloucester and Camden County NJ
www.nuwavecleaning.com
[email protected]

Tags
restaurant

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode