question about commercial and residential cleaning - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-07-2010, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

question about commercial and residential cleaning

hey everybody, I am just wondering, when you clean either a business or persons home, how do you accept payment? Accepting a personal check is wayyy too risky these days and I doubt you can walk around with a credit card machine (or can you?) so do you mainly accept cash as only form of payment? Also, when you clean somebody's house is there any awkwardness? lol I know its a silly question but seriously, are you cleaning their house while everybody is home doing their daily stuff or do they leave the home while you clean? commercial cleaning seems a lot more profitable and straight forward and that is what my goal will be is strictly commercial cleaning but to get started out as a company I am going to take what I can get and start growing. Any tips, advice, pointers, or $.02??? thanks everybody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-08-2010, 06:27 PM

Emailing invoices and accepting credit card payments via Paypal is always a great option.
post #3 of Old 09-20-2010, 02:32 PM

Pay Pal Is an excellent form of accepting credit cars so cube.

grout cleaning

Last edited by Eclipse Carpet Cleaning; 09-18-2013 at 07:37 AM. Reason: out dated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-07-2010, 04:25 AM

You may have to give all sorts of convenient payment options to the customers. It is important to be flexible. Some may prefer bank transfer, others may prefer paypal and the list goes on..
post #5 of Old 10-20-2010, 09:44 AM
HBF

Check is going to be most common especially in commercial and expect to get paid late a lot but you more than not get paid. Every once in while you may run into customers who don't pay, but it doesn't happen that often.

As for cleaning while the customer is home, yes it happens. Not too often, but it does. Some people work from home and don't have time to clean. Some are busy with their kids. It isn't a big deal, but it can be a pain b/c the job ends up taking longer b/c you end up chitchatting.
post #6 of Old 10-22-2010, 04:37 AM

yeah it's a pain when the customer is there for both domestic and commercial cleaning jobs.
post #7 of Old 12-15-2010, 10:57 AM

We use a credit card machine. If we have a customer we've been cleaning for a long time we'll except checks. We have a paypal account also. Cash is always king!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode