Removing Stains From Bathroom Floors? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-04-2009, 05:21 AM Thread Starter

Removing Stains From Bathroom Floors?

Hi all. Been cleaning the tile bathroom floor with mop and Pine Sol but want to remove stains on the floor. Having a bit of trouble removing the stains. Does anyone have any idea as to which hardware or products I should use? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-04-2009, 06:41 AM
J4K

Buffer with a stiff brush and some type of tile cleaner. We use a hydrogen peroxide product with good results.
post #3 of Old 04-04-2009, 01:08 PM

Look at this i this this can help you

White vinegar and baking soda is a tried and tested method to remove hard water stains from a marble floor - and is completely natural, meaning no toxic and potentially harmful chemicals! See below for the proven step-by-step method:
Formula to Use:
Pure white vinegar
Method to Use:
1. Fill a clean spray bottle with pure vinegar
2. Spray the vinegar freely over the marble floor and wait for a few minutes
3. If stains are stubborn spray more vinegar and wait a while longer
4. Simply wipe away with a clean cloth to reveal the shine
Tips:
Sometimes stains are extra stubborn ? for this make a paste of white vinegar and baking soda and scrub gently with a soft brush or sponge. Never use an abrasive cleaner like scouring pads, powders or steel wool as this will scratch the surface.
________
Easy Vape Manufacturer

Last edited by mikerike; 09-15-2011 at 08:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-04-2009, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

great. thanks all!
post #5 of Old 04-05-2009, 01:44 AM

Need more suggestion come to us.
________
fat woman Cams

Last edited by mikerike; 09-15-2011 at 08:29 AM.
post #6 of Old 04-14-2009, 07:53 AM

This is going to sound like a shamless plug (oh go on then I'll indulge myself) we do a pretty comprehensive range of floor cleaners. Check us out online
www.mertongroup.co.uk
or give us a call 0116 231 4040.

Plug over

Nathan
post #7 of Old 05-15-2009, 09:42 AM

Those are really difficult to clean stuff..
That thing really makes me stiff.
post #8 of Old 08-07-2009, 05:16 AM

Did you tried vinegar and water solution or with just undiluted vinegar alone! To get that coveted foaming action that many products feature, place the vinegar solution into a well-rinsed foaming soap bottle. Try this and reply if it works.
post #9 of Old 12-04-2009, 04:06 AM

Before I started with henna and indigo I used to dye with black chemical dye. I never left a single permanent stain in any of the bathrooms I used. I use a normal detergent for the bathroom to clean the surfaces (only the very cheap ones don't seem to work).

I only have two stains from indigo in my current bathroom where the gaps between tub and wall are sealed with silicone. I can't get the silicone white again. But they can be replaced rather easily, so I don't worry about those stains.

Regards,
post #10 of Old 01-05-2010, 10:01 PM

Hello great suggestion
Thanks for sharing.
post #11 of Old 03-01-2010, 02:55 PM

Wait a minute. Won't vinegar etch the grout?!? Basic cleaners I know of that are OK are borax and ammonia.

Maybe there's a tile pro who says different, but if the tile's unglazed, you may have a stain that's set deep into the tile and grout.
post #12 of Old 03-02-2010, 12:47 PM

Please don't spray vinegar on marble, please. You WILL etch it, no doubt.Vinegar will etch grout, but will not cause damage, and may be beneficial in lifting shallow stains. There are acid based cleaners that will do a much better job without the smell.

Dump the pine stuff, it leaves a residue that attracts soil.

For the pic in the first post, a high alkaline cleaner with 15-20 min dwell. Scrub the floor with a mal-grit brush on a 175(brush should have 3 different bristle lengths to get into the grout a little better), then rinse. Next an acid based cleaner with 5 min dwell to get up any hard water deposits and brighten up the grout a little. Rinse with a slightly alk solution to neutralize.
post #13 of Old 03-03-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TileCareInc View Post
Please don't spray vinegar on marble, please. You WILL etch it, no doubt.Vinegar will etch grout, but will not cause damage, and may be beneficial in lifting shallow stains. There are acid based cleaners that will do a much better job without the smell.

For the pic in the first post, a high alkaline cleaner with 15-20 min dwell. Scrub the floor with a mal-grit brush on a 175(brush should have 3 different bristle lengths to get into the grout a little better), then rinse. Next an acid based cleaner with 5 min dwell to get up any hard water deposits and brighten up the grout a little. Rinse with a slightly alk solution to neutralize.

You being in the tile and grout business for a while can you tell us what is some of the best high alkaline cleaner's and some of the best acid based cleaner's
post #14 of Old 03-03-2010, 07:49 AM

High alk cleaners I Like:
This Old Grout products original formula:
Deep Clean
Stone Prep

From JonDon:
Anvil
Prochem Heavy Duty Tile & Grout Cleaner
Grout Devil

Procyon Tile & Grout cleaner

and my absolute favorite TxCon products 4800 masonry cleaner.

Pretty much any acid cleaner will do the job. Just make shure it is a "cleaner" and not a jug of acid from the hardware store. The cleaners are buffered and contain surfactants to aid in removal and control reaction.
post #15 of Old 03-04-2010, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TileCareInc View Post

I have a commercial client with a brand-new ceramic tile floor and brand-new laminate "wood" floors. Floors looked like crap from Day 1 till I started using vinegar per manufacturer's directions.

But I can't use vinegar on the rooms with tile, and mopping them with neutral cleaner, changing the mop water and doubling back to get the wood floors in the front of the place wastes way too much time (the place is very clean and tiny, so one mop water finishing with the bathrooms would be fine, esp. with my company's standards and time constraints.)

Could I use ammonia water (floor mfr. directions say use only vinegar OR ammonia. Go figure ) to mop both the laminate and the tile floors? The client's weekly, so I'd hesitate to go with just plain water every time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode