Resonable cleaning rates? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-26-2008, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Resonable cleaning rates?

As I mentioned before I got a manual from a guy on the internet about starting and running a cleaning business. Its kinda a step by step instruction on starting small and growing as you make more money. The only thing I am not sure of is the pricing... I plan on talking to alot of smaller offices 1-3k sqft and some doctor/dentist offices also. Given that most of these places will have one to two bathrooms do you think they would be willing to take once a week cleanings for around 180-200 dollars a week? All the basics covered. I read this guys bid chart and he recommends only going for like 75 bucks for small 1000sqft places. I just dont know what the market is like or if there is a somewhat baseline price that most places fall into. So any of you who have experience with this or any of you who think they have good advice for me, please fire away! Thanks again! -- JT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-27-2008, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

any thoughts or opinions? I just want to see what everyone thinks...
post #3 of Old 02-27-2008, 01:30 PM

JT this guy is way off on the price for a 1000 sf office. I have a few this size and get $30 per clean and bill them monthly $130.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-27-2008, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

So how long do they take you to clean dave? Just one basic bathroom with one toilet right? Once a week right?
post #5 of Old 02-28-2008, 02:37 AM

These are once a week and take less than one hour to clean. Offices less than 2000 sq ft can usually be done in 1 hour or less. For larger offices I use a production rate of 2000 to 2500 sq ft per hour.
post #6 of Old 02-28-2008, 11:46 AM

Keep in mind that overhead and production rates can vary. One man's going rate is easily another man's going-out-of-business rate.

Dave, this is not a call-out or asking you to justify anything but I cannot see how anything could be worth doing for $30. Even 8 accounts per day would gross $240. Minus 10% for company net profit, another 15% for direct and material costs, minus 10% for marketing, minus another 10% for indirect costs like vehicle and equipment depreciation, insurance, accounting etc, one would be left with a salary of about $150 per day. Add one employee to that loop and your pay is about $30 per day for running around 8 hours like a madman.

Always design your pricing around the concpet of having employees doing the work. Not because you are lazy but because it is impossible for a business owner to always be the labor. It just can't work. you can own a job, but that is a far cry from owning a business.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #7 of Old 02-28-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
Keep in mind that overhead and production rates can vary. One man's going rate is easily another man's going-out-of-business rate.

Dave, this is not a call-out or asking you to justify anything but I cannot see how anything could be worth doing for $30. Even 8 accounts per day would gross $240. Minus 10% for company net profit, another 15% for direct and material costs, minus 10% for marketing, minus another 10% for indirect costs like vehicle and equipment depreciation, insurance, accounting etc, one would be left with a salary of about $150 per day. Add one employee to that loop and your pay is about $30 per day for running around 8 hours like a madman.

Always design your pricing around the concpet of having employees doing the work. Not because you are lazy but because it is impossible for a business owner to always be the labor. It just can't work. you can own a job, but that is a far cry from owning a business.
Hi i'm hoping too start my own Cleaning business very soon, -After Building Cleans- If upu know anything about it can you give me some ideas pls
post #8 of Old 02-28-2008, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

I kinda felt the same way when I saw that he only charges $30. a clean. After reading that I got on the phone and called three companies that I found on craigslist in my area. Two of the three called me back and told me $70-80 dollars for 2000 sqft once a week and that was over the phone. I was seriously going to forget even trying if people were only getting that rate. Like I mentioned before I clean at my job for extra money on a overtime rate and its about $30. an hour. Im still really looking things over with the costs, like my time the insurances and equipment and materials. So far the 1 million dollar liability is going to cost me roughly 1200 a year. I do plan to go it alone so I wont need the workman comp. I am allready seeing that Im going to need to save about a 1000 bucks to get some of the stuff that I will need to get going without getting a credit card for the business. lol I will definetly have to work up a solid plan.
post #9 of Old 11-18-2012, 09:01 AM

When we do at least 2000-2200 sq feet we charge 75-80 for all cleanings, the initial is approximately 150 depending on how long the home has been neglected.
post #10 of Old 11-29-2012, 08:35 AM

As place is to be cleaned once every week and the area you say is around 1000 sq ft then quoting such prices is comparatively more when paid for the basic cleaning work. You must ask for small bid when the contract can be of longer period.
post #11 of Old 11-30-2012, 01:14 PM

Priding can be quite tricky. We service two communities that are only 30 minutes apart and the pricing varies up to as much as 33% between them.
post #12 of Old 12-06-2012, 04:13 PM

When you quote prices, you have to specify what services you are actually going to offer. Some companies include dusting blinds, wiping baseboards, wiping fans, while others offer them as extra services. If not sure, offer first two cleanings by the hour, then charge a flat fee.

Clean4Real
House Cleaning Services Jacksonville, FL
Jacksonville Office Cleaning Services
post #13 of Old 12-10-2012, 08:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to facilitycustodian
Who know what is the going rate for office janitorial for in Los Angeles California? $36 or $30 a cleaning 2000 sqft and under.
If there is a pricing chart or formula please let me know.
post #14 of Old 12-11-2012, 03:15 AM

Well rates are different in different places.
post #15 of Old 12-16-2012, 11:14 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to facilitycustodian
Bedrik, please explaine. I have been reading the comments in this thread and I am unsure if I am giving a reasonable price quote. I think what is the going rate is for 2000 sqft to 2200 sqft is $75 to $80 per cleaning is this with tax included or before?

Facility Custodian
Effective cleaning solutions for your business needs.
http://www.facilitycustodian.com
[email protected]
(310) 349-9373
post #16 of Old 01-29-2013, 05:45 AM

I live in Syracuse N.Y and does anybody know the going rate for janitorial per sq. foot in Syracuse N.Yand what should i bid on a office building that has 10,280 sq. ft. five times a week
post #17 of Old 01-29-2013, 06:54 PM

Going rates are very similar in most areas except for in large cities, especially in downtown areas. Someone will always offer a cheap price so you need to sell your customers on why they should pay more for your services. Your 10,000 sq.ft facility will vary in price depending the ratio of carpet to tiled flooring, number of bathrooms and the amount of detail work.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #18 of Old 01-30-2013, 03:24 AM

@jahra 352 if you where bidding on 10,280 sq. ft. it has eight cubicles all commercial rug except for restrooms (2) 6X6 sq. ft. ten offices small kitcken area 10X10 and 36 small office trash cans/ dusting done once a week and also what is cleaning going for by sq.footage

Last edited by funlilfred; 01-30-2013 at 03:26 AM.
post #19 of Old 01-30-2013, 04:07 AM

I don't price small locations by sq. ft. but this sounds like basic office environment cleaning. I believe that you should be in the range of 4 manhours per night of cleaning x 5 nights per week = $1,495.00 - $1,795.00 per month.
Good luck!
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #20 of Old 01-30-2013, 02:48 PM

hello jahra352 is that method the same for a law office and do you know the method when putting together a proposal when you first find man hours then you use percentage for everything else like;this is just a example 20% for overhead 10% for supplies 10% for taxes ,workers comp and insurance i hope im explaining it right .so you say you dont use the per sq,. foot for small offices is this method not good and when you do use it what does the sq. ft. have to start out at to be called large?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode