***Restaurant pricing needed*** - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-17-2013, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

***Restaurant pricing needed***

I need some help in coming up with a quote for a restaurant I looked at today. I told the manager she would get the quote from me by Saturday this week.

It is a fairly big restaurant with a large size bar. I calculated approx 7000 sq ft. It has maybe 30 tables on concrete flooring, 2 main bathrooms with several stalls per bathroom. We don't have to clean the kitchen (thank goodness!) but she wants us to make sure the bar area is thoroughly cleaned and mats done everyday. She also wanted the windows cleaned once or twice per week. There are 12 panes that are approx 3 ft wide and 9 ft tall. There are also 4 outside doors with glass partitions that probably need cleaning every other day. Light high dusting is required once per week.

We have to take the trash out (maybe 15 trash cans) and the walk to the dumpster is maybe 50 feet from the back door.

I anticipate doing this in the early am and using 2-3 people per day x 7 days a week. Anticipated time with 3 people is 1.5 hours per cleaning, and 3 hours with 2 people.

Is $775 - $850 per week a reasonable price? Please advise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-18-2013, 04:15 AM

I feel pretty confident in telling you that for front-of-house cleaning only, they won't be looking to pay anything over $1,500.00 per month, let alone the $3,500.00 per month you are going to quote. Cleaning the areas you mentioned should take one person no more then 2 hours per night or it won't work. Given quote to every type and chain of restaurant and haven't found one willing to pay where you want to be.
Good luck though!
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #3 of Old 10-18-2013, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

When you say "front of the house cleaning" what exactly do you mean? Is that the outside of the restaurant and also includes the foyer, etc?

So even though the restaurant is 7000 sq ft ( I also forgot to mention it has a bar) and would take 1 person more than 3 hours to do by themselves, you feel they wouldn't go above $1500?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-18-2013, 02:59 PM

Front-of-house means no cleaning in the kitchen but everything else besides kitchen. Our restaurants we don't clean any tabletops or on the bar but all flooring, moving tables to clean floors underneath, bathrooms, dusting, etc. Just to give you an idea of what some restaurants pay, I know I am the only one who will disclose this info here but will do so to help you. In my area at some chain restaurants:
- Applebees 7 x per week after 2:00 am for entire rest. including kitchen pays $1,750.00 per month.
- TGI Friday's are at least 7,000 sq.ft - 7 x per week after 2:00 am including kitchen pays $2,000 - 2,500 per month
- Another popular chain for 7 x per week including kitchen pays $1,850 per month.
I clean two independent restaurants similar in size to your, 7 x per week for front of house only and I get $1,695.00 and $1,895.00 per month. Takes 3 hours total to clean. Your location shouldn't take one person more then 3 hours to clean either. That's 90 hours per month. If you feel you can get $3500.00 per month then definitely try for it. I did give a quote to Cheesecake Factory and they are paying $17,000.00 per month! No other restaurants I have come across want to pay what they should for good cleaning. That's why everyone of them have filthy ceiling vents, dust on displays, dust on overhead lighting, etc.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #5 of Old 10-18-2013, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the heads up. I am sending you a PM for your review.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode