Small Office Job - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-03-2011, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Small Office Job

Hey guys
I finally got a shot at a job cleanin a office 1time/wk and heres the info.
Iím gessin its about 3500/4000sf with most of it being carpet
Theres 10 small offices, a kitchen and a mens room and womens room
Iím gessin its gonna take me about 2-3 hours to do by myself and Iím thinkin that a price of around $340 per month is fair?
Sure could use any help you can give me. I gotta get somthin going soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-03-2011, 05:12 PM

Office Cleaning 1 X week 3500-4000 sq ft.

Hi Ranger,

Based upon national averages for square footage and frequency of cleaning I would estimate this building at $56 - $62 per cleaning which will put you at $224 - $248 a month. Keep in mind that this is for basic cleaning and not for additional services such as window cleaning, VCT maintenance, and carpet shampooing. This estimate is based upon 6.2 cents a square foot per month. This also doesn't include providing toiletries. For this I would add 20% for a monthly total of $298. I hope this helped you. I don't know your particular area, but your bid is higher than national cleaning averages. If there is a lot of foot traffic in this building or it has other considerations that make it especially dirty, your prices are warranted. However if it only takes 2-3 hours per cleaning the price is a tad high. Just my opinion, I don't know all the details. I hoped this helps.

Cape Cod Window Cleaning

Last edited by april1979; 06-29-2012 at 07:39 PM.
post #3 of Old 03-03-2011, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-03-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by april1979 View Post
Hi Ranger,

Based upon national averages for square footage and frequency of cleaning I would estimate this building at $56 - $62 per cleaning which will put you at $224 - $248 a month. Keep in mind that this is for basic cleaning and not for additional services such as window cleaning, VCT maintenance, and carpet shampooing. This estimate is based upon 6.2 cents a square foot per month. This also doesn't include providing toiletries. For this I would add 20% for a monthly total of $298. I hope this helped you. I don't know your particular area, but your bid is higher than national cleaning averages. If there is a lot of foot traffic in this building or it has other considerations that make it especially dirty, your prices are warranted. However if it only takes 2-3 hours per cleaning the price is a tad high. Just my opinion, I don't know all the details. I hoped this helps.

Bremerton Janitorial and Office Cleaning
I'm not sure where you get your data from, but it seems to line up with info I have. I was doing alot of surfing yesterday and came across a cleaning service that actually posted a detailed list of what it would cost calculating frequency footage and a range.

Not sure why someone would post that kind of info. I always though that was confidential/secret or something along those lines.
post #5 of Old 04-01-2011, 01:54 PM

Is there really a standard pricing per sf on each cleaning services? I think that depends on many matters, like your expenses on the project.

Last edited by rrestor; 04-16-2012 at 02:00 PM.
post #6 of Old 04-20-2011, 02:46 PM

I think each company / individual has it's own costs and therefor prices , considering on how they run the business . In charts and formulas which should be available for all of us , I really can not trust nor rely on . As guidelines , I can check it , but not to set up the difference from 298 to 340 / month . If they want to work with you they will take 340 and probably even 400 . Ask the price you think it is fair for the service you're offering , forget the others .

Los Angeles cleaning
Office cleaning Los Angeles
We provide office cleaning and commercial cleaning in Los Angeles
post #7 of Old 04-27-2011, 11:00 AM

Ranger,
I know you said you didn't get this account but I wanted to offer a suggestion anyway. Bid small offices as you would a residential. This has worked for me and puts you back in your comfort zone. This is a tip I picked up somewhere along the way (internet research) and seems to be a rule of thumb. Give it a try! ; )
post #8 of Old 04-28-2011, 02:00 AM

I have a question uptown girl.... can you change your name? Every time I see you posted something I start singing that damn song. lol

Wait a minute... that wasn't my question... do you charge as high of a price as you do for residential and the commercial account takes your bid? Every time I do that their eyes get as big as a basketball and throw me out of their office. lol I'll give you an example of 1 office we do clean. We have cleaned the lady's house for many years so she only wanted US to clean her office since she knows we will get it clean. It takes 35 minutes and we charge her $70. But if I walk in to any other place of business and tell them it will cost $70 to clean their little office they will laugh me out of the door. Now you know why we don't have many offices. lol Plus she has to pay at the time of cleaning because we do not wait on payment for anyone.
post #9 of Old 04-28-2011, 08:22 AM
J4K

Commercial is a volume business. Sprint is correct it is less per hour than home cleaning but you make that difference up in the amount of square feet you are cleaning vs a home.
post #10 of Old 04-28-2011, 10:09 AM

Sprintcar,
Lol...nope, can't change my name. ; ) First of all, don't you have a minimum? My minimum trip charge is $75. When you factor in time, travel, supplies and wages you have to have a minimum trip fee....otherwise you are working for little to no profit. I have had no problem selling small commercial accounts at residential rates. Typically clients (even commercial)come to me as referrals though.....and after having hired and fired service after service they realize that paying bottom of the barrel prices means the trend will continue. When I submit a bid I break it down by area and EVERY little task with notes at the bottom describing the monthly additional duties. I do this, even though so many tasks are repetitive, so that a client can view the MANY details it takes to get the job done right. Do you do the same on your proposals?
post #11 of Old 04-28-2011, 10:10 AM

J4K,
I said SMALL offices, therefore you are not making anything up with the sq. footage. All I can say, is I have seen this pricing over and over on these types of forums.....and it is working for me.
post #12 of Old 04-28-2011, 12:30 PM
J4K

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptown girl View Post
J4K,
I said SMALL offices, therefore you are not making anything up with the sq. footage. All I can say, is I have seen this pricing over and over on these types of forums.....and it is working for me.
My bad
But I am surprised if you can bid that high in this economy and still get the accounts, more power to you
post #13 of Old 04-29-2011, 01:04 AM

Jeff,
Have you ever talked to Speedy Bill Smith? You do realize he owns 1/2 of Lincoln, Nebraska... right? Gary Domingez was going to get me some of Speedy's work but I moved here to Texas; plus, I'm not really in to commercial work.

Billy Joel, I mean, uptown girl,
Nah, I never put much effort in to giving a bid. I think all of the commercial jobs we have ever had were referral so they already knew what they were getting. I still don't understand about commercial because as Jeff says about commercial, you make your money on volume. But, I'd rather make twice as much profit on residential volume. If we had 100 commercial accounts we would only make 1/2 as much as we would if we had 100 residential accounts so it just doesn't make sense to me. Plus, 100 residential accounts can be had in just a few months if a person busted their hiney to do it while it would take lord knows how long to get 100 commercial accounts.
post #14 of Old 04-29-2011, 07:03 AM
J4K

As in Speedway? No I have not.
post #15 of Old 04-29-2011, 09:57 AM

Yep, Speedway Motors. He is a nice guy but cheap. I think between Speedy & Tom Svaboda(ms?) they own 99% of Lincoln. lol Make him your best friend and then get him to tell all his new lease signers they must have you clean for the first 12 months at a reasonable price and give him a cut. He's greedy so he wants every penny you would give him. lol I used to lease a building from him at 12th & O in the 90's.
post #16 of Old 05-03-2011, 10:08 PM

Generally a cleaning company representative will need to tour your office or store before quoting a monthly price, as the types and conditions of surfaces affects the time it will take to clean them. The main factors for estimating the cost of janitorial service are frequency of cleaning; the age and condition of the premises; overall square footage; and special considerations such as heavy traffic areas, elevators or unusual cleaning requests

Love mother nature? Eco Friendly Cleaning Now!
post #17 of Old 05-03-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencleaning View Post
Generally a cleaning company representative will need to tour your office or store before quoting a monthly price, as the types and conditions of surfaces affects the time it will take to clean them. The main factors for estimating the cost of janitorial service are frequency of cleaning; the age and condition of the premises; overall square footage; and special considerations such as heavy traffic areas, elevators or unusual cleaning requests

I agree with you . Commercial cleaning is much more complicated than residential and therefor many other aspects needs to be considered , so a visit at the location is a must

Los Angeles cleaning
Office cleaning Los Angeles
We provide office cleaning and commercial cleaning in Los Angeles
post #18 of Old 06-15-2011, 02:40 PM

Exclamation

You have to keep in mind the tasks you will complete.

here's a list of things that most offices want. ( it is time consuming)
http://bbcleaningservice.com/blog/wh...ning-services/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode