Strip and Wax Day Care Floor - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-17-2014, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Strip and Wax Day Care Floor

Good morning Cleaningtalk:

I was asked to bid on a job for a floor strip and wax for a day care and need some assistance.

Now, my background is in aseptic cleanroom cleaning so this will be alittle new for me but, hey, I'm up for the challenge. I'll post the sq footage alittle later this week but is there anything I should know or expect going into this job? The customer asked for 5 coats of wax but that seems like a lot for a day care. She typically gets this done 2X per year. Again, going back to the cleanroom field, which sees a lot less traffic, we put down 2 coats of wax with a topcoat.

Anything would help at this point as the job is about a month or so away!

-B

www.a1cleaningtechnologies.com

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-18-2014, 08:06 PM

Not much to say. Strip and wax is the same at a daycare as anywhere else.
Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #3 of Old 03-19-2014, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, Peter. I'm going out on a limb here and suggesting you've never cleaned or stripped and wax in an aspetic area...It's 100% NOT the same as anywhere else.

www.a1cleaningtechnologies.com

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-13-2014, 10:07 AM

Stripping and waxing is a term that refers to removing the existing wax on your floor and applying new wax. In areas where there is much of wax, it will be necessary to repeat the stripping process.
post #5 of Old 07-09-2014, 08:56 AM

I am getting ready to place a bid on a business with 5000 sq ft of VCT tile. From what I have read on my research, .50 per sq ft. seems to be about right. Of course, some companies will purchase the stripper or wax, but this one will not. I will have to rent a side-by-side machine, as well as a wet vac. These total about $100 for the weekend. They want 3 coats of wax, so I am thinking 4, 5 gallon jugs of wax and 3, 5 gallon jugs of stripper should do it. I will also have to hire a friend for the weekend to help me, so I'm thinking of charging $5,500 for the whole job. Does that sound right?
post #6 of Old 07-09-2014, 02:37 PM

Holy crap! Let me know if this customer approves 5,000 sq.ft. for $5,500.00 as that will set all types of records! We would charge $.40 per sq.ft or $1,995.00 which includes labor, wax and stripper. My cost would be about $500.00 for it all and would make $1,500.00. You won't use nearly that much wax and stripper with 3 coats of wax. Bring 2 containers and you should have wax left over.
Peter Weiss
www.totalservices.org
post #7 of Old 07-14-2014, 07:33 AM

Thanks, Jahra

I really appreciate your help. I placed the bid for .40 per sq. ft. and won. I can't thank you enough. I knew someone from this site would help me. How much would you charge to buff 15,000 sq ft of VCT once a month? He is looking for someone to do that too? Thank you in advance for your time.
post #8 of Old 07-14-2014, 02:36 PM

That's great news B! Did you get it at $1,995.00? I really don't do a lot of buffing or burnishing work but would be somewhere between $750 - 1,000 for burnishing. Hopefully someone else can give some better advice then me.
Peter Weiss
www.totalservices.org
post #9 of Old 07-14-2014, 03:37 PM

The floor space was actually 7500 sq. ft, so I bid $3,000. That is only half of the building. He is wanting the other half done some time in December and it's about 7500 sq ft too. That is why I am wanting to be as accurate as I can be. I figured your advice worked to perfection last time, I would see what you thought about the burnishing. He is also interested in carpet cleaning. How do you place a bid for that. Thank you again, jahra. Your advice was invaluable.
post #10 of Old 07-14-2014, 04:23 PM

Would you be performing bonnet cleaning of the carpets or extraction? We perform mostly bonnet cleaning on commercial carpeting which can be done very quickly and inexpensively. We charge anywhere from $.10 - .15 for larger areas like 15,000 sq.ft. or $1,500 - $2,000.
Peter Weiss
www.totalservices.org
post #11 of Old 07-15-2014, 08:31 AM

Thanks for the reply, jahra

I wish it were bonnet cleaning, as I know how easy that is. Unfortunately, it is extraction. He bought the machine and it is still in the box. How much would you charge per sq. ft. of carpet extraction? Again, I really appreciate your help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode