Urinals - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-19-2011, 03:17 AM Thread Starter

Urinals

How can you make a urinal stop smelling bad?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-19-2011, 03:34 AM
Lou

Send a message via Yahoo to Lou
Clean it the best you can

Then use Urinal cakes and toilet deodorizers

Lou
Hoods & More
Phx, Az
602-434-1169
post #3 of Old 02-21-2011, 12:10 AM

there are many types of urinal deordourizers you can get. the ones we use now are in a plastic cage that sit in the urinals so there is no clogging of the drains etc and they are not too over powering. They say they last up to 3 months...we'll wait and see on that one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-22-2011, 02:37 PM

Smelly Urinals

The urinal cakes work good, you can also get antimicrobial rubber inserts. Also the product you use to clean them needs to work well. I use "react" by fortech, it is a phosphoric acid cleaner with a pleasant mint smell. I don't know if that product is available nationally though. How often they are cleaned also makes a difference. If the building owner/manager isn't having them cleaned often enough, it isn't the cleaner's fault.

Cape Cod Window Cleaning

Last edited by april1979; 06-30-2012 at 07:27 AM.
post #5 of Old 02-26-2011, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Urinals

Quote:
Originally Posted by april1979 View Post
The urinal cakes work good, you can also get antimicrobial rubber inserts. Also the product you use to clean them needs to work well. I use "react" by fortech, it is a phosphoric acid cleaner with a pleasant mint smell. I don't know if that product is available nationally though. How often they are cleaned also makes a difference. If the building owner/manager isn't having them cleaned often enough, it isn't the cleaner's fault.

Bremerton Window Cleaning & Janitorial
The drain is slow too. I think this has something to do with it as well. Thanks for all the tips!
post #6 of Old 02-26-2011, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I just put in urinal cakes. It seems to be smelling better when I first walk into the bathroom. I wish they would last three months. The new cakes have been in for about a week and I can see they may last a month or so. The business owner bought them and I'm sure that they are not all created equal..
post #7 of Old 03-22-2012, 11:33 PM

i use enzyme spray from prime , and the wave urinal screens . the emzynes eat the stuff making the stink, this works 100%

http://www.freshproducts.com/flyers/wds.pdf
post #8 of Old 03-26-2012, 02:55 PM

We found the the two best ways to keep the urinals from smelling are A) Using an enzyme based auto-drip system. If the customer is willing to pay the extra monthly cost of such service, or B) Use an enzyme based urinal pucks that are built into the net casing. Using regular urinal pucks will eventually clog the drain and they don't work nearly as well as the enzyme based products. We have been in the commercial janitorial service business for nearly 20 years and have been using the enzyme based products last 15 years virtually without a complaint.
post #9 of Old 03-29-2012, 04:04 PM

urinals

Assuming you've scrubbed them in and out, top and bottom, along with the walls, grout and floors, enzyme digesters work best. If your floors are tile and grout, clean them until they can't get cleaner, and then seal the grout with a urine-resistant grout sealer. If you're going to use something in the urinal itself, don't use cakes or old-style screens!! Use bacteria-releasing screens. They won't clog pipes, they won't leave a discoloration, they smell great and when the urinal is flushed they float on top of the water for a moment so the urine can escape rather than getting stuck under a screen or cake. Here's a link to what they look like:

http://www.nilodor.com/OnlineCatalog...n-details.aspx

janitorial cleaning services reading pa

office cleaning services pottstown pa

office cleaning reading pa
post #10 of Old 04-16-2012, 12:53 PM

Constant cleaning and deodorizer will solve your problem. We are using a deodorizer that stick in the urinal. It's like a gum and it have different flavor of smell.
post #11 of Old 04-24-2012, 07:02 AM

Most restaurants and clubs put ice into the urinals to help keep the smell away. By having a cool, slowly melting water supply flow through the drain, the 'sewage' smell that comes from most urinals is kept at bay.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode