Walk-Through's Help - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-11-2016, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Walk-Through's Help

Hello All,

This is pretty embarrassing for me to ask being that I've been in business for almost 4 years. But I recently submitted a proposal and my company wasn't picked, I asked for feedback and she told me:

"It was just a matter of dollars and the attention to detail this other cleaner provided during the walkthrough."

My questions is, what does a "detail" walk through look like? I spent a few minutes with the prospect BEFORE the walk through to talk with them, identify pain points, better understand their needs, and then I'm told my walk through was lacking.

Can anyone weigh in?!

THANKS!!

Last edited by youngstarr; 04-11-2016 at 05:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-11-2016, 09:33 AM

You should respect yourself and show what you really deserve and make everybody to respect you as well. You may write your assignment perfectly and in this way you will really show the best part of you.
post #3 of Old 05-17-2016, 12:20 AM

"Your value does not decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth." A quote that has helped me in my businesses. That one company is just ONE of many... keep pushin'! I bring a notepad and pen and take notes during my walk through every room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-17-2016, 01:32 AM

I know that you asked what areas the customer was unhappy with but did you:
- wipe your finger over the bathroom dividers and let dust drop to the ground and tell them how your company will fix this?
- point out the foggy bathroom mirrors from where short cleaning people cannot reach to clean them and point out how your company will fix them?
- did you point out that on the base of the toilet is filthy and how your company will fix this?'
- did you show them the dirty ceiling vents and how your company will fix them?
- did you show them inside the dirty microwaves and let them know how your company will fix them?
I could go on forever but THIS IS THE ATTENTION TO DETAIL THAT YOU NEED TO POINT OUT.

Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
post #5 of Old 05-24-2016, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahra352 View Post
I know that you asked what areas the customer was unhappy with but did you:
- wipe your finger over the bathroom dividers and let dust drop to the ground and tell them how your company will fix this?
- point out the foggy bathroom mirrors from where short cleaning people cannot reach to clean them and point out how your company will fix them?
- did you point out that on the base of the toilet is filthy and how your company will fix this?'
- did you show them the dirty ceiling vents and how your company will fix them?
- did you show them inside the dirty microwaves and let them know how your company will fix them?
I could go on forever but THIS IS THE ATTENTION TO DETAIL THAT YOU NEED TO POINT OUT.

Peter Weiss
Total Maintenance Services
www.totalservices.org
wow.. thanks.. this makes so much sense.
post #6 of Old 07-14-2016, 11:06 AM

just do a bunch of crap that makes it look like your going into more detail, if you are good then why change
post #7 of Old 07-14-2016, 11:38 AM

Walk Throughs

Peter pretty much said it all. Take lots of notes, draw room layout. Look for those places that a cleaner might miss, as Peter suggested stall wall tops, or are there dirty waste cans?, cobwebs? What about water streaks under towel dispenser? floor corners dirty? How about those phones? keyboards?

Brad www.bdjanitorial.com

Oh, 1 last thing, you drive by the walk thru you did and look to see what company did get the bid and then go to their website and see what they offer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode