went over bid, what to do? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-25-2012, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

went over bid, what to do?

Hi, I am fairly new to commercial cleaning, I mostly do residential. We do have one commercial account which we do once a week. They recently asked us to do a quarterly deep clean, involving all inter-office glass as well as some exterior, blinds, baseboards, woodwork, detail dusting of furniture, etc. I bid 300% of the cost of a typical clean, going by my experience in residential. We did the clean this weekend and went over by 30% - the price needs to be closer to 400%. My question is, should I tell the office manager this and ask for the 400% for this clean, or tell her that the clean we just did will be at the original bid price but future deep cleans will be at the 400% price? thanks for your thoughts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-26-2012, 11:30 AM

Was there a written contract?
You might have to take the loss for this last clean and let them know in the future it will be 400%
post #3 of Old 09-26-2012, 08:41 PM

This is a hard question but unfortunatley to save business relastionships I would do what albertapro suggests and take the loss but let them know any future cleans will be 400% more. Try and take this in your stride and remeber it for next time. Good luck with your outreach into commercial cleaning!! Also please let us know how you went with talking to your client about it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode