Would U Work A Goverment Contract? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-04-2009, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Would U Work A Goverment Contract?

picked up a gov't contract last year and it's been a headache getting paid. they go up to 4 months w/o paying and the invoices must go through 2 different departments before even getting to the section that cuts the checks. since the banks placed a freeze on extending lines of credit, the cleaning crew gets paid directly from my pocket at the present time. i've heard every excuse imaginable from various state contract reps about the payment problem and now feel like they're just stringing me along. really considering backing out of this contract. anyone else have similar problems?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-26-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
picked up a gov't contract last year and it's been a headache getting paid. they go up to 4 months w/o paying and the invoices must go through 2 different departments before even getting to the section that cuts the checks.

In the past I've done a LOT of gov contracts (state and local government) and never had this type problem. Do you have a discount for prompt payment? Usually this forces a gov office to pay timely in order to save money for the taxpayers. I'd complain to the accounting office - no issue sinc e they are separate departments

since the banks placed a freeze on extending lines of credit, the cleaning crew gets paid directly from my pocket at the present time.

I'd be paying them from company revenues anyway. I know it's tougher when you're just getting started - but borrowing for any reason is too risky, IMO.

i've heard every excuse imaginable from various state contract reps about the payment problem and now feel like they're just stringing me along. really considering backing out of this contract. anyone else have similar problems?
Our gov contracts were one-way cancellation only. Gov contracts are for the "convenience of the taxpayer/ government" and no one business interest usually has the right to inconvenience "the public interest".

You will be penalized and blacklisted if you "quit" the agreement. There's an better way to get paid and caught up.
post #3 of Old 04-27-2009, 08:14 AM

If you need a line of credit, check out www.actioncapital.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-21-2011, 12:00 AM

I have had problems with gov departments in the past, there is so much red tape involved, but they always pay in the end, and will never go bankruped like a private business and leave you out of pocket. www.guttercleaningperth.com
post #5 of Old 01-24-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
picked up a gov't contract last year and it's been a headache getting paid. they go up to 4 months w/o paying and the invoices must go through 2 different departments before even getting to the section that cuts the checks. since the banks placed a freeze on extending lines of credit, the cleaning crew gets paid directly from my pocket at the present time. i've heard every excuse imaginable from various state contract reps about the payment problem and now feel like they're just stringing me along. really considering backing out of this contract. anyone else have similar problems?
Sounds like a nightmare. Government accounts pay pennies in my area so I don't even want to deal with them. I hope you eventually get your hard earned money from them. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode