How to clean windows? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-13-2013, 05:52 AM Thread Starter

How to clean windows?

For a better environment, view, heat efficiency, professional business image it is necessary to clean windows.
  • Instead of tough chemical sprays, clean your windows with simple solution of vinegar.
  • Mixing up 2 spoons of white vinegar with a gallon of water would give you a better solution. Even you can substitute lemon juice or club soda.
  • To prevent from fog and steam- add a small amount of glycerin, or wash with soap and water.
  • To get streak free results, you can wash windows with squeegee.
  • Wipe down the entire window with soapy water then use the squeegee to wipe the water off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-31-2013, 01:36 AM

hmm good sharing..I hope these are very useful tips for everyone because todays we are tired of using those expensive chemicals and cleaners to clean windows. but now I think this is a good idea. Thanks for sharing this natural tips.
post #3 of Old 06-17-2013, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_ZZ View Post
hmm good sharing..I hope these are very useful tips for everyone because todays we are tired of using those expensive chemicals and cleaners to clean windows. but now I think this is a good idea. Thanks for sharing this natural tips.
Thanks Jason for taking time off to read and reply on my post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-20-2013, 02:42 AM

I also use vinegar solution for cleaning my home windows but still I facing the problem of corrosion in window frames.Can anyone help me out to solve my problem?Thanks in advance
post #5 of Old 09-05-2013, 12:35 PM

WOW!! you have sharing a good tips about window cleaning...I have mostly set up wooden work in my home..Thanks a lot I will apply this sharing on my wooden windows & other patio works..
post #6 of Old 09-07-2013, 11:17 AM

I use Dawn!
post #7 of Old 09-16-2013, 08:47 AM

Dawn is the best.

Etorre or Sorbo squeegees with some dawn and your good to go !
post #8 of Old 11-22-2013, 03:56 AM

Thank you so much for the tips.Originally I would just clean my windows with soap and water and wipe them dry with a newspaper but after reading the tips you have mentioned I applied it on the windows of my home and was amazed to see the result. Now my only problem is, how to maintain the wooden frame and keep it looking nice and polished.Any suggestions???
post #9 of Old 12-04-2013, 05:14 AM

Window Cleaning

Thanks for sharing the tips...!
I have not used these tips before. I generally prefer some detergent mix. I will definitely try out your tips and see the result.

A complete cleaning service provider for all.
post #10 of Old 12-16-2013, 11:25 PM

window cleaning

wow great information regarding window cleaning, this make aware people to keep there wooden stuff clear. Thanks for sharing.
post #11 of Old 12-17-2013, 12:56 PM

The frame shouldn't be a problem if your using dawn and water. The soapy water runs down onto the frame, so when you're done with the window, you just wipe the frame with a towel and your on to the next window.
post #12 of Old 01-17-2014, 05:49 AM

Very good stuff...I will surely use this methods for my windows.Thanks for sharing
post #13 of Old 01-19-2014, 10:55 PM

A window free of dirt and debris allows for more light to shine through and brighten up the rooms of the house. With right tools, window cleaning is not difficult anymore. All you really need is a squeegee, a window cleaning solution, and a good lint-free towel.
post #14 of Old 03-05-2014, 02:34 PM

Interesting... though I wouldn't consider this the most professional solution on the market.. there are tools for window cleaning that make our lives much easier. Steel wool - razor blades - and only harsh chemicals if the windows are stained... Squeegee mop, rags, and ladders is the best way in my opinion to get the job done right.
post #15 of Old 04-12-2014, 07:33 AM

Vinegar will leave streaks. The only I have EVER gotten streak free windows, inside and outside is with a Norwex enviro cloth and a window cloth. Takes seconds for most jobs. If you want the outside done they have a way to attach it to their mop. I cleaned my friends windshield (which he hadn't cleaned IN MONTHS, possibly years) in 3 minutes, streak free, no scrubbing. I hate the smell of everything else and water doesn't have a smell.
post #16 of Old 04-14-2014, 09:15 AM

Club Soda is where it's at! Good post.

www.a1cleaningtechnologies.com

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill
post #17 of Old 04-17-2014, 05:18 AM

If you have wood window frames, vinegar will also destroy the wood.
post #18 of Old 04-21-2014, 05:03 AM

Vinegar is a good cleaner but not good for long term purpose....
post #19 of Old 04-21-2014, 11:16 AM

I don't think vinegar gets rid of anything and the smell is awful.
post #20 of Old 04-24-2014, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriciaHines View Post
I also use vinegar solution for cleaning my home windows but still I facing the problem of corrosion in window frames.Can anyone help me out to solve my problem?Thanks in advance
You can use hydra Absolute, its a bio chemical and protects against further rusting..... You can get this product by going this link....
If You have any query, feel free to ask me a question...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode